Call of Duty 3 - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Call of Duty 3? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 5 (Average)

• 4 (Below average)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters
The melee and driving bits are absolutely awful, there's my input.

Has anyone found that in a couple of places the controls completely stopped working? When it did pick up it was moving 1 frame every few seconds, I couldn't even pause it.

Has anyone found that in a couple of places the controls completely stopped working? When it did pick up it was moving 1 frame every few seconds, I couldn't even pause it.

Yep, at the start of each mission this has happened to me a couple of times, gun is pointing up at the sky no matter what I do, have to shake the remotes around for a while and it comes back to life, very annoying!

Whats the boat part like with the rowing :confused:

To start off with I thought the controls were really hard but once you get used to them it's a great game, not a patch on COD2 though.

The graphics are pretty good, second only to Twilight Princess.

Definitely, no appalling dual analogue aiming.

I have it but want to keep it for over Christmas and after Zelda. (which could be Easter by the looks of it ;))

I've played about an hour on this game and have really enjoyed the challange of the new style of controls. I think its a really good game and got really engrossed into it. Thinkng about it i might go and have another go now :)

Have always played the call of duty series - particularly 2 and 3 on the 360

Now have wii and 360 to compare and can honestly say the graphics on the wii arent too bad

The controls took me at least an hour or two to get used to but now - think this method is really good

Loving both versions:clap:

I've had the slow down on 2 or 3 occasions when there's a load of computer characters involved in the scene and the animation crawls along and the controls get stuck (i.e. you can't stop moving in one direction and can't aim the Wiimote). The driving is difficult and although the melee seems pointless it's a challenge trying to play the next part of the mission while out of breath and with tired arms (oo-err :devil: ).

Aside from these problems I'm loving the game generally. It's assured me that FPS's could be awesome on the Wii.

I got this game at launch and decided only tonight to give it a go.

I was absolutely loving it until I came to the first set piece.
It just doesn't work. I've been pumping those controllers like a nutter, but to no avail. What the hell is the deal with this? :mad: Any tips Anyone?:lease:

Just got this game and gave it a brief go , graphics looks pretty good although I found the controls too sensitive , Probably give it more time when I can get away from Zelda :D

I got this game at launch and decided only tonight to give it a go.

I was absolutely loving it until I came to the first set piece.
It just doesn't work. I've been pumping those controllers like a nutter, but to no avail. What the hell is the deal with this? :mad: Any tips Anyone?:lease:

Try moving them at the same speed as the icon on the screen.

Some of those set pieces are really annoying, the melee after you get a bunk up and the guy appears from the stairs took me about 15 goes and I was exhausted. The annoying thing was I didn't have that much trouble with the first one in the game.

With setting bombs and the one where you control a crane I was waving the things in every direction but absolutely nothing worked. I don't know if I eventually got it right or the game just did the movement for me after a certain amount of time.

Finished the final mission last night. Unfortunately, the slow down hit again on two more occasions! For me this is the biggest frustration in the game, as soon as the count of computer controlled characters and vehicles goes up, the controls lock up and it all slows to a crawl. Anyone else getting this?!

Aside from that and the usual CoD American bias and macho BS, I really enjoyed it. Here's looking forward to the next Medal of Honor!

For anyone who has played the 360 and wii version, which did you enjoy the most out of the two? :)

Does anybody else have a problem with this game when the controls stop responding and you end up spinning around unable to regain control, it also happens in Red Steel sometimes is it just me?

For anyone who has played the 360 and wii version, which did you enjoy the most out of the two? :)

I'd been neglecting my 360 copy, but since I discovered the set pieces on the Wii were impossible, I decided (in a fit of rage) to give the 360 version a chance. I haven't looked back since.

The enhanced graphics on the 360 add a lot to the experience for me, and I can actually get past the set pieces. Also IMO you dont lose out much in the control department, though like I said before, the Wii version was great fun before I reached that damn set piece.

Does anybody else have a problem with this game when the controls stop responding and you end up spinning around unable to regain control, it also happens in Red Steel sometimes is it just me?

Happened to me on several occasions usually when there's a lot of things going on, i.e. lots of AI controlled characters and a few tanks etc. It's meant that I've died at the most crucial point of a few missions and has also meant I've sworn at the screen s few times!

I'm thinking of getting CoD to play after I get through Red Steel, anyone played both? How does CoD compare to RS, as I'm lurving that one at the moment!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom