LG 37LF65 ,anyone got one

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
beeen into currys today after a 37 inch lcd for gaming,movies,a little sport but not much.anyone out there have a LG 37LF65 ?i was going to get a philips or a tosh but the picture on this seemed the best in the shop.

please pass on any info as i after a tv this week.
cheers guys

Ditto, I also saw this and a few other LG XD Engine TVs in Currys today and the image quality did seem far superior to anything in the store (or the Sony Shop for that matter). So if anyone does have any info on this I would also be interested.

I did note though that Pixmania had it for about £100 more with a PS3 or £623 on its own, even Dixons are £699. My Currys in town wanted £799, might be too late for an online xmas delivery though.

try richer sounds or lasky s you may get a better buy the only problem with richer they dont deliver..while currys pc world does.. wish yu luck sounds a good tv though.

Hi

I have recently purchased an LG 37LF65 and highly recommend it. I had been looking for a full 1080p set for a few months, and was going to buy the Toshiba Regza 37" 1080.

My partners parents had recently purchased one of these, and on first impressions that looked like the set for me. The high price did put me of somewhat, so i decided to pay Currys a visit.

See the trouble with me is i get a brand in my head and am blinkered towards it, not on this occasion. I was willing to pay upto £800 on the right set, and was simply blown away by the LG.

The sheer quality of the picture and the rich vibrant colours simply outshone anything else in the store, Bravias included.

Away i went powered up the laptop and purchased one from Dixons. I paid £626 with free delivery.

I am hoping to buy a ps3 in the near future, so i can take advantage of full 1080p through Blu Ray, and later Sky HD.

So to some it up don"t be blinkered, buy one of these sets, you will not regret it.

p.s i do not work for LG !!!!

Nige

is this set good with SD ???

any reviews anywhere for it ????

Looking for a 37" myself

I have a 42LC55 and SD looks great through it. My friend has a Sony 40W2000 and I would say my TV channels (both of us have Virgin cable) look better. Of course his looks amazing with a PS3 running through it but I am very happy with the LG overall. I am even getting used to the backlight bleeding that my set seems to have...:rolleyes:

I have 42" LF66, I don't recommend it, the 24p doesn't work and the blacks are awful.

Factory now knows about the 24p problem, they are working on it.

is this set good with SD ???

any reviews anywhere for it ????

Looking for a 37" myself

I have this TV and have been very happy with it. At the moment it is only showing SD (cable connected through a scart lead) and the picture (imo) is excellent.

Several of the features that were supposed to be missing (Auto Setup and TeleText) were both present despite having "NO" against them in Currys...?

imo

does it have 16 9 widescreen as it says no on the features list

Yep - love it - great picture. Have had to play around with the display settings (contrast, brightness etc) as it's really bright if you don't tone it down a bit from the defaults, but I'm really happy with the adjusted display. This may well be because of the SD sources I'm still using though.

The biggest problem I've got so far is the lack of a working volume code for my Virgin Cable remote. There's nothing out there that seems to work for this box (and I've tried all the Goldstar and LG codes I can find).

Now all I need is a V+ box...

should have been clear about the 16:9. Yes it does have it, and also a very passable auto ratio select mode

Hi, I've also got one of these sets and well i think there's a problem with mine. After configuring the brightness, colour, sharpness etc. to my liking i started to notice some flickering on grey and green areas of the screen. Now this only seem to happen when the TV has a 50hz signal inn because when i hooked the TV up to my TV i didn't notice anny flickering on a dark grey background at 60hz but when i changed it to 50hz the flickering came back. The same thing happens no matter what sort of connection i use, i've tried them all now.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I also have this TV, I've not had the same problems as anyone else, but I do seem to have a problem of my own.

We're in a rubbish TV signal area, so we have sky hooked up through Scart (haven't bothered to upgrade to HD sky). I also have a PS3 hooked up through hdmi which gives amazing picture clarity.

However, in the menu options is the XD image enhance and I have no idea how to turn it on. I can turn on the Demo so that I can see how good the picture is if it were working... Is this something that only works with the digital terrestrial channels? Obviously, I've not been able to test this because we only use sky.

Any ideas - sorry I can't help with any other issues!

I also have this TV, I've not had the same problems as anyone else, but I do seem to have a problem of my own.

We're in a rubbish TV signal area, so we have sky hooked up through Scart (haven't bothered to upgrade to HD sky). I also have a PS3 hooked up through hdmi which gives amazing picture clarity.

However, in the menu options is the XD image enhance and I have no idea how to turn it on. I can turn on the Demo so that I can see how good the picture is if it were working... Is this something that only works with the digital terrestrial channels? Obviously, I've not been able to test this because we only use sky.

Any ideas - sorry I can't help with any other issues!

Also, I searched on the LG website for information regarding this and this model isn't listed! I've emailed them to find out why...

I bought this TV a couple of months ago and have been having terrible problems with the picture quality. For want of a better word, the image is pixelated and, when playing games, horizontal lines flicker across the screen (especially when the image move quickly). Sharpness is also lacking, with my old analogue TV being far superior.

Others seem pleased with the model though, so is mine faulty? Or perhaps i don't have it set up correctly? I have it connected through a HDMI cable when on the 360 or PS3 and a Scart cable into my SKY box.

Any suggestions? It's under warranty, but if it's just the normal quality of the model then i guess there is't much i can do.

EDIT: Oh, and on the above issue, the XD Engine is one of the few things that seems to be working ok. The demo just shows images with and without - when you revert back it should have it either still on or still off.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom