Hifidelio Pro-S upgrade

brookheather

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Hifidelio Pro-S upgrade kit for 59 euros from an eBay seller and installed it in my Hifidelio which has a 250Gb Samsung SP2514N hard drive. The kit consists of a replacement hard drive cage which is a little wider and has rubber discs through which you place the screws - this avoids any hard disc vibration being transmitted to the case - the hard drive is actually suspended above the cage by the four screws.

And yes it does work amazingly well. Previously in a quiet room I could just hear the hard drive humming but now you can only hear it if you are within two feet of the case. With any music playing it is now totally silent. I think this is a worthwhile upgrade for any user particularly if you have upgraded to a large hard drive.

- Simon.

I bought a Hifidelio Pro-S upgrade kit for 59 euros from an eBay seller and installed it in my Hifidelio which has a 250Gb Samsung SP2514N hard drive. The kit consists of a replacement hard drive cage which is a little wider and has rubber discs through which you place the screws - this avoids any hard disc vibration being transmitted to the case - the hard drive is actually suspended above the cage by the four screws.

And yes it does work amazingly well. Previously in a quiet room I could just hear the hard drive humming but now you can only hear it if you are within two feet of the case. With any music playing it is now totally silent. I think this is a worthwhile upgrade for any user particularly if you have upgraded to a large hard drive.

- Simon.

Mine came with it already installed, and I have to say the Hard disk was very quiet. The CD drive was noisier.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom