Samsung N87 thread

D

dannyx

Hi!

What about this tv guys?
Can anybody confirm/disconfirm - does LE40N87BD accept 1920x1080 via VGA from xbox 360 and 1080p via component from xbox 360 ?

Thanks

anyone seeing a 40N87 or the 46"?

I want a non reflective LCD and I'm between the samsung and the sharp 46 xd1

hi yes after my disaster of trying to order a tosh 42x3030d im thinking of getting the samsung n87 is this a good idea or not is it 1080p and 24fps can someone who has this set give us a review please. also its not them vial oval shaped stands

must be bad no one seems to have this model or doesnt want to comment on it because its that bad ??????

It's exactly the same function-wise as the M87 (1080p, 24fps) but has side-speakers and no gloss screen, limiting the contrast ratio.

It's listed on the Samsung website.

It's exactly the same function-wise as the M87 (1080p, 24fps) but has side-speakers and no gloss screen, limiting the contrast ratio.

It's listed on the Samsung website.

thanks Winston, but I mean't if someone has seeing one on display. Samsung has delayed the N87 line and I wondered on the quality of the LCD itself (viewing angle, blacks, etc etc)

Does N87 has the same faults like M8x? ( Movie plus bug, lack of 24 Hz EDID information, freeview judder, scart failure...)
Does firmware from M8x match to N8x ?

You can see 40N87 on display at Richer Sounds at £1099.95 And They say they will price match any web price as long as it's in stock online. There are some conditions as always !

I thought it was the best PQ on display.

Can anybody confirm/disconfirm - does LE40N87BD accept/display 1080p/24hz signal?

its almost the same tv,with a few alterations,like the stand,and the non glossy mirror-esque screen.
it suffers from the same problems as the M series of tvs..and possibly would share the same firmware,not sure though.
the one i saw,had all the problems like judder,on freeview,scart lines,green block bugs,and movieplus was on even when switched off.

Just got a MakroMail through the post this morning and the LE40N87BDX is now on sale in Makro for £899.99 (-vat). If you search the web for this model, it always seems to be non-UK sites that appear, implying that this set is prolly intended for europe maybe?

it may be that,it may be something else,as littlewoods,great universal,comet,etc are all selling this,whereas dixons/currys have an M version exclusive model.

Does N87 has the same faults like M8x? ( Movie plus bug, lack of 24 Hz EDID information, freeview judder, scart failure...)
Does firmware from M8x match to N8x ?

No one has bought a N87 yet?

No one has bought a N87 yet?
I got one from richer sounds a few weeks ago.
The matt surface screen looks fine to me (although I'm no expert).

It's got the the freeview judder bug, and the movie plus blockiness bug (as seen on the channel 4 logo, and chimney pots against a skyline).
As I don't use the scart inputs I can't comment on the others you mention.
I haven't seen movie plus turn itself on after I've turned it off, nor the toslink audio output drop out.

software: T-BDXPDEU00-1007
firmware: T-ST1DEU7-1000
The carton says 'Made in Slovakia' on it.

I really like the picture normally, so I'm holding out for a fix for the freeview judder bug; movie plus I can turn off and not worry about.

I'm holding out for a fix for the freeview judder bug

That was quick - I fired off the template letter to samsung last night (125 out of 187 reporting this error), and got a reply this morning saying 'there's a firmware upgrade, phone this number to arrange a visit'.
Visual FX are going to call and do it; I'll let you know if it fixes it.

hi guys
i am new here :hiya: and to be fair no idea wot most of u guys are talking about....

all i need to know is
should i buy the sammy 46" n87 or stump up for the sony 46" x2000?

thoughts

:lease:

hi guys
i am new here :hiya: and to be fair no idea wot most of u guys are talking about....

all i need to know is
should i buy the sammy 46" n87 or stump up for the sony 46" x2000?

thoughts

:lease:

maybe hold off until the new sammys arrive

do u mean the f series .. just bbeen reading other forums and sounds like i am way behind on this stuff..

I got one from richer sounds a few weeks ago.
The matt surface screen looks fine to me (although I'm no expert).

It's got the the freeview judder bug, and the movie plus blockiness bug (as seen on the channel 4 logo, and chimney pots against a skyline).
As I don't use the scart inputs I can't comment on the others you mention.
I haven't seen movie plus turn itself on after I've turned it off, nor the toslink audio output drop out.

I really like the picture normally, so I'm holding out for a fix for the freeview judder bug; movie plus I can turn off and not worry about.

thanks for your input. It's a pity samsung also launched the N87 with the same problems as the M87

Engineer came round, reset it, and said if that didn't fix the judder problem he'd try replacing the mainboard.
Needless to say it didn't fix it, and I'm now waiting for him to receive the new board to fit.

Anyway, I got the following additional details from the service menu when he reset it:

T-TLPMPEUD-1013
T-BDPMPEUS-1004
BORD2_CALLA_TR-1011
May 04 2007

Engineer came round, reset it, and said if that didn't fix the judder problem he'd try replacing the mainboard.
Needless to say it didn't fix it, and I'm now waiting for him to receive the new board to fit.

Andy_p, has your N87 been fixed yet?

How's the freeview pq, other than the bug?

CHFels

Andy_p, has your N87 been fixed yet?

How's the freeview pq, other than the bug?

They're coming to replace the mainboard this wednesday.

The engineer told me that there weren't many N87s with the bug, so the chances were that a replacement board would fix it. I wonder if that's just because there aren't many N87s out there yet though - I guess we'll know by wednesday evening.

Apart from that I'm really happy with the picture, which is why I think it's worth persevering.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom