Samsung Full-HD PS-50P96FD thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengbeng

Established Member
Reaction score
To my surprise no thread about this upcoming beauty (or did i miss it?), so here it is.

ps50p96fd_lg.jpg

Improvements over the current Q96/97 HD-ready series is not only 1080p,
but Samsung claims also a much better gray scale gradation and better color bit-depth:

Screen Size(inches): 50"
Resolution(Number of Pixels): 1,920 x 1,080
Brightness: 1,000cd/m2
Contrast Ratio: 15000:1
Number of colors (expressed): 18bit (C/Q series: 16bit)
Grey Level (Gradation): 262,144 (C/Q series: 65,536 steps of gradation)
HDMI Version: Ver 1.3

Looks promising. :cool:

Info on Samsung.uk: http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/plasma/ps50p96fdxxec.asp

ps50p96fd_2_lg.jpg

ps50p96fd_3_lg.jpg

And for the ones who understand the Korean language, or just like to watch images: :)

57084797su2.jpg

19562004lo8.jpg

92654627wp1.jpg

66465445wg2.jpg

32933869qm9.jpg

Supposed to be available here in the next couple of weeks. I'm actually waiting to audition one and I'm buying nothing else until I've seen it. The Q97 has been hugely impressive to me for the staggeringly low price and I really hope this one continues the tradition. Its around £1750 as well which is a phenomenal bargain.

I'm gonna wait and have alook at one of these aswell, as Samsung seem to be on abit of a roll at the moment. I was gonna wait until the new Pioneer 1080p came out in september, but if this is any good I might buy one and save a shed load of money!

As they said.. its going to be well over £1500

A French shop has it's price online, 2515 Euro's, which is almost 1700 GBP.

http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-SAMPS50P96FD-SAMSUNG-PS50P96FD.htm

Btw, i'm still not sure what to think about those side speakers. Imo why didn't they chose for
no speakers at all, like the 50" Pio's. Unbeaten in design.
But maybe it looks nice in real. At least the telly has no belly, it's nice slim. :)

nice set, still too much for me, mibbes as an upgrade in future.

It looks nice, but is it going to be a match for the likes of Pioneer 508LX and the Panasonic 50-PZ700. The funny thing though it's going to come at half the price of the 508LX...hummm.

I don't think it will be long before this set is under £1500 as one UK retailer(be direct) has it on their site for pre order at £1763 now.

Once its down to £1500 as long as reviews are good I shall be buying one:thumbsup:

£1763.99

Be-Direct - available in July.

According to specs it's true 1080p - that'll be the 1st plasma at that price rather than the Pioneer which is £5k.

The manual is on the Samsung website - I just downloaded it - now reading.

That is tempting but screen-burn is still a worry.

The 'Q' series is at Dixons with coupons+quidco+free del - around £900.

It's a big manual but does carry a lot of screen burn warnings.

It has built in functions to help avoid this it's still a worry.

What's the difference between the P76 & P96? Does anyone know?

Thanks. Don't think "The Boss" will let me get away with a 63" screen!! Will have to "make do" with the 50"!

Do Samsung use some kind of screen wobbling/saver method for screen burns like panny and pio?, if not a big worry and a defo put off.

Looks like worth holding off for. :)

Please stop getting concerned about screen-burn. The crap in the manual is standard stuff and not some tacit amittance that this screen is particularly prone to it. Samsungs are usually very good in this regard.

No PC connection on digital either. On previous record, they are serious about this too.

No PC connection on digital either.
Are you sure? There's a table, in the manual, with all supported pc signals via D-sub input (all standard pc signals...) and Hdmi/DVI input (1024@768-1280@1024-1920@1080 60Hz).
Ettore

Anyone seen one on demo anywhere yet?

Few retailers now listing it and even Comets showing it, although at £2199.

Comet are showing the P96 as in stock. Might have a ring around so I can view a crap demo.

I would hold off buying one of these for 6 months given the shambles of the recent Samsung M86/7 sets .Samsung seem to have absolutley no conception of testing a product properly before inflicting it on the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom