The Prestige Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
The Prestige is an extremely dark, powerful drama about egos, competition and the kind of blind pursuit of a dream that can make your life, and the lives of those around you, a nightmare. Its acute study of two warring magicians makes for a compelling, enthralling voyage which is only marginally marred by one twist too many, and a slight lack of likeable characters. The video and audio presentations to accompany the movie are superb but the extras are a thorough disappointment. Still, this is a must-have purchase for fans and the quality movie presentation probably makes it a recommended blind-buy for newcomers.

Read the full review...

Anyone know if the blu Ray U.K version of this film has the PCM soundtrack? Hired the movie from Lovefilm recently on HD DVD but the disc was faulty,only saw half of the film but it was enough to convince me it has to be in my collection.

The HD DVD only had a DD+ track,have found the U.K blu ray version at several places for around a tenner but none state that it has the PCM track of the U.S version,most just indicate Dolby Digital.

Could anyone with the disc clarify please.:)

The UK Blu-ray has a Dolby Digital 5.1 track only - the PCM is missing. The DD track is no slouch though - I have it on HD DVD and the DD+ track is stunning...

Thanks for clearing that up:thumbsup: i'll have a shop around for the U.S version then.

I thought 'The Prestige' as a movie was average at best. :(
For me personally 'The Illusionist' (unfortunately only available as a German import on Blu Ray)was a much better film, but that's me. :rolleyes:

PS great review. :)

War

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I am really surprised by the 2 comments above as I thought the complete opposite. Prestige was better...and by a long way.

I am really surprised by the 2 comments above as I thought the complete opposite. Prestige was better...and by a long way.

Likewise. Illusionist was decent, Prestige was outstanding. Just rewatched it last night.

But as I pointed out in the "What you watched last night" thread, the only silly thing is
how would both these men have access to Scarlett Johanssen AND a machine that creates doubles of people, and not think the same thing I did
?

:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom