Toshiba X & Z Series TV's

damn... so no tv again for another 6 months :(

I know what you mean every time i think this is the one I.E Samsung M86/87 something better looking is coming just around the corner. But i wont have the money saved for at least 4 months so no rush

The X series sounds interesting.

Do we have more specs yet?

Always something else coming along, I guess you just need to put a stake in the ground at some point.

The Tosh X, the Samsung M87 and the Sony X series all interest me. Trying to balance performance, style of the set and cost is tricky.

Will be looking to buy around September time, by which I am sure there will be even more options!

Looks like there's conflicting information in those two articles. One says X series will be available in 32" 37" and 42" while the other says only 40" and 46" models.

HCC says only the Z series will feature M100 processing also.

Looks like there's conflicting information in those two articles. One says X series will be available in 32" 37" and 42" while the other says only 40" and 46" models.

will the new samsung m87 have m100 processing?

I read it that the "X pictureframe" series would only come in 40" and 46". The X series and the X pictureframe series are different models...

If they change their attitudes towards PC connectivity, they could have some great screens there. The next big battle will surely be the best 32" 1080p set. People who say it's not worth it at that size are severely overlooking the PC/TV combo market. As it is, Tosh will probably release a 1080p 32" set that doesn't 1:1 map...:rotfl:

I read it that the "X pictureframe" series would only come in 40" and 46". The X series and the X pictureframe series are different models...

Yes I think you're right. The article (pocket-lint) doesn't differentiate between X series and X Pictureframe series though, it just says the X series will only come in 40" and 46".

only Toshiba calls it M100, but if you mean 100hz, No the samsungs don't

Toshiba is the only manufacturer to have announced a 100hz 1080p screen

And then something else will come along!!

I know electronics change rapidly but there are some things I am looking for. Things I would have to live without if I bought a tv now

Toshiba WLT68:
- slow remote
- no 1:1 pixelmapping
- no full hd

Samsung M87:
- glossy screen
- no 100hz

The new toshiba seems to combine the pluses of both tvs:

+ full HD
+ 1:1 pixelmapping (if not Toshiba are reallly dumb)
+ non-glossy screen
+ 100hz
+ HDMI 1.3

Right next question is does the z series accept 24fps?
Mike.

I know electronics change rapidly but there are some things I am looking for. Things I would have to live without if I bought a tv now

Toshiba WLT68:
- slow remote
- no 1:1 pixelmapping
- no full hd

Samsung M87:
- glossy screen
- no 100hz

The new toshiba seems to combine the pluses of both tvs:

+ full HD
+ 1:1 pixelmapping (if not Toshiba are reallly dumb)
+ non-glossy screen
+ 100hz
+ HDMI 1.3

Looks like only the Z series will have 100Hz processing according to those two articles so no 100Hz for the 32" X series.

The X-Series is already on sale in France and Germany, there's a link to the Cebit press release in the C3030DB thread.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4539121&postcount=95

http://translate.google.com/transla...7;3Fq=42X3030d&start=20&hl=en&sa=N&as_qdr=all

ASAIK there is no 32" X-Series, as the only difference between X-Series and C-Series is the 1080p screen (so at the moment) only 37", 42".

The speculation is that these new TV's are similar to USA range C=67-series, X=167-Series and Z=177 Cinema Series (although the screen sizes available in each range do not match up exactly).

The Picture frame 40" and 46" X-Series models were not announced at CeBit, so must be separate new models. They look nice it will be interesting to see if the 40" and 46" Picture Frame X-Series have better pq than the 37" and 42" as they are "probably" sourced from different newer panel factories.

Links to USA LX177 Cinema series manuals (enjoy):-

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/models/46lx177/docs/46lx177_spec.pdf

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/models/52lx177/docs/52lx177_spec.pdf

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/tacpassets-images/models/57lx177/docs/57lx177_spec.pdf

Just reading the spec sheets, and although 1080p24 input is accepted, the Clearframe 120Hz technology only talks about doubling 60hz to 120Hz, no talk of 5x24Hz, I've re-read the original CES press-release, and its not there either......must be a figment of my imagination.....bugger, what a wasted opportunity.

Speculation thread on AVSforum.com about USA LX177 series:-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=782774&highlight=46lx177

I like the look of the 42'' Z, I wonder what the pricing will be like on that one.

i love the look of the X Picture Frame set...........if i can pick the 40" one up for a grand online it will be a definate purchase come the summer :)

its the x series 32" for me:smashin:

Ok, now i'm confused:confused:

What is the version that is out at the moment and will these three replace those that are currently available??

If so i might have a to wait a bit and get a 37" X series or go for one of the current models as it comes down in price due to these being released.

Like I said I'm confused.:lease:

If they change their attitudes towards PC connectivity, they could have some great screens there. The next big battle will surely be the best 32" 1080p set. People who say it's not worth it at that size are severely overlooking the PC/TV combo market. As it is, Tosh will probably release a 1080p 32" set that doesn't 1:1 map...:rotfl:

so true especially as the PS3 supports linux and their are rumours of Apple creating a version of Mac OS for it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom