Samsung SGH-U600

sraper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was planning on buying the SE K800i but have just seen the U600 and now I am tempted to change my mind! Of course the only problem is that being such a new phone there are no real reviews of it yet and certainly none discussing the picture quality. It seems to have similar specced camera as the K800i and the Nokia N73 just need to know what the real picture quality is like, especially indoors.

So has nobody got this phone? I am trying to find out how good the camera and video recording options are and how they comapre to the N73 and K800i.

I am also waiting for this phone, early april release on o2 i believe, hopefully i can get a good deal, and if not, new contract for me :thumbsup: Mobileburn has some nice images of the phone itself but i am yet to find a review. Surprised to be honest, i thought someone would have had a hands on look by now..

Well MobileShop have it for sale here. Seems a very good deal. Ever so slightly better than the N73 which is the other phone I am currently considering

yeah i got it today, very nice phone some very very minor annoyances but best phone ive ever had.
vodafone website seems to have the best deals, free phone on £20 12 month contract

ASHER How long did voda take to delivery yours from the date of order?? also i would like to know the annoyances, how is camera and flash in low light conditions?

T.I.A

minor annoyances= not really worth mentioning cos they dont really affect much but the keys lock when you make a call (does it so that your cheek doesnt hang up by toucing the touch keys), the call touch keys seem to be quite sensitive (not experienced them before, so might be better than on other phones)

ASHER How long did voda take to delivery yours from the date of order??
i ordered on good friday (upgrade through vodafone) and it came last friday but they told me they didnt have stock till tuesday/thursday , vodafone site says up to 4 working days , so if tey still have stock it should be that.

AsherC - can you tell me if you can sync your contacts on your pc in ms outlook onto the phone? That's a deal breaker for me if you can't. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the touch buttons are as bad as the e900. The problem i have is that i always press the hang up button when browsing menus which knocks it back to the home screen.

AsherC - can you tell me if you can sync your contacts on your pc in ms outlook onto the phone? That's a deal breaker for me if you can't. Thanks.
Yes you can, according to the software that comes with the phone. :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me if the touch buttons are as bad as the e900. The problem i have is that i always press the hang up button when browsing menus which knocks it back to the home screen.
Far less sensitive than the buttons on the E900 that my wife has. :smashin:

If anyone is after one quickly, I ordered one from Expansys at 15.45 last night and got it at 8.30 this morning.

Can anyone tell me if they have seen this phone in another colour other than blue. The one on the orange website looks black but don't know if it is or not and surprise surprise orange don't know either.

Thanks

Fran

i recieved my u600 today. i like the look of it so far. i got mine on contract with O2, and the 2 soft keys are set to contacts and O2 active. does anyone know if this can be changed because i keep loading up the browser by mistake! i've never had touch sensitive buttons before so it may just take a bit of getting used to but all the same i'd like to be able to change the soft key settings!

my phone is in blue, but i have seen pictures somewhere on the web of it in red, a shiny metal/chrome and a grey/dull metal colour. cant remember where though!

Anyone fancy writing a good review of it, also whats the difference between the 2 versions expansys are selling, one ends in (uk) and cost more but cant see any other difference.

I'm guessing that's all there is to it, one is a UK version the other isn't, probably sourced elsewhere in Europe.

ive had this phone for a couple days, and i really like it, its my first touch screen phone and i didnt think i would get used to it but its pretty cool, also got mine on o2, not having any problems so far an also bought a 1gb ultra sandisk transflash card for it of ebay and works fine

I am really undecided whether to go for this or not, i want a smaller phone than my n80 and dont want to pay more than 200 but this looks really good, every hour i change my mind from buying the u600 to keeping my n80 and then back again.

Anyone think its worth upgrading, well downgrading actually.

hi, just got my u600, very impressed. i have a few questions:

1) can i have additional themes onto this phone, and if so where can i get them from. also, are samsung doing any other themes like the big ben one, very good theme.

2) is there any way of having a picture i put on my phone (from another phone) as a full screen wallpaper? i kno you can do this with a picture you have taken from the u600, but i have a really nice photo, and would like it as a full screen wallpaper.

i recieved my u600 today. i like the look of it so far. i got mine on contract with O2, and the 2 soft keys are set to contacts and O2 active. does anyone know if this can be changed because i keep loading up the browser by mistake! i've never had touch sensitive buttons before so it may just take a bit of getting used to but all the same i'd like to be able to change the soft key settings!

anyone

fran24 asked if u600 comes in other colours, i read somewhere that it will come out in garnet red, and also copper gold.

i bought my u600 yesterday, contract phone. i love it. when setting a photo as main display/wallpaper, it fills the entire screen without distorting the image (like my N70 nokia did!) it's a lovely screen, crystal clear. my only down point is when i scroll through my photos though they're not full screen size. maybe i haven't found out how to do it?

i found the instruction manual very small, and i think i needed a thick idiot's guide.:confused:

fran24 asked if u600 comes in other colours, i read somewhere that it will come out in garnet red, and also copper gold.

i bought my u600 yesterday, contract phone. i love it. when setting a photo as main display/wallpaper, it fills the entire screen without distorting the image (like my N70 nokia did!) it's a lovely screen, crystal clear. my only down point is when i scroll through my photos though they're not full screen size. maybe i haven't found out how to do it?

i found the instruction manual very small, and i think i needed a thick idiot's guide.:confused:

Select a photo then use the right and left buttons to scroll through your pictures.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom