Sunil's Living Room

SBanga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Done about as much as I can for now. Spent way more than I intended to but could not resist all these sales! Saving up for a new surround set of speakers in the far future..........

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

Last edited:
That really is a nice set-up you have there ... BUT ... you really need to invest in a new telly!! :)
I'm not quite sure what it is you're waiting for. You say you're waiting for all the "HD nonsense" to settle down but in my honest opinion, there's nothing to wait for. There are some amazing LCD/Plasmas out there at excellent prices and your living area would really benefit from a sleek and stylish flat panal TV.

Come on, go for it! :smashin:

I know, I know. I'm just dragging my heels at the moment with upgrades, especially with a screen. I'd rather get my excess booze fund from uni paid off first before I splash out. Plus I have a few other financial commitments which have to take priority.
Don't believe I'm not tempted though. The Sony KDL46X2000U looks right up my street. Soon I hope...... :rolleyes:

That's a great smart looking set-up you have there. :smashin:

Lovely setup, really looks good!

Interesting though, don't you find it hard for the Monolith to integrate with, being such a vast distance away from your main speakers?

Very clean setup Sunil. I also have that toshiba tv, for a crt it is pretty good

Nice looking setup mate.
Where did you get that little table from that has your remotes on?

It's quite a large coffee table actually. These pics make my room look really tiny tbh. I wouldn't bother with the table. It's unfinished and picks up the tiniest knock or stain. Looks awful in the flesh and is due to get replaced by something glass topped fairly soon.
Think it was from MFI though.

Lovely setup, really looks good!

Interesting though, don't you find it hard for the Monolith to integrate with, being such a vast distance away from your main speakers?

No way. I think it sounds pretty much amazing from every seating position except for the one right next to the sub. It certainly doesn't sound like the bass is coming from anywhere but the front (due to me resisting the temptation to whack the gain up)! Running a THX sweep brings one or two very minor audible peaks but nowhere near as severe as my old Servo 15 which had a huge peak around 40 Hz. I think it sounds as good as it can without being eq'd. I've tried moving it all around my room but it loses it's impact and smoothness unless in that corner.
Also, I think I'm quite proficient at setting up my subs. When my Servo 15 buyer came to pick it up, he couldn't tell it was on, even though it had that huge hump and I was watching Gone In 60 Seconds at the time. :thumbsup:

Very clean setup Sunil. I also have that toshiba tv, for a crt it is pretty good

Lol, I think so too! 99% of people on here would disagree though lol. It's just too small and low resolution for the sound now. In my opinion (though not in the opinion of most from looking at their theatres!) my system sounds great. Just needs a great picture to accompany it.

Very nice setup. Will look even better when you get your new tele :)

Very nice mate but a 50" plasma would look great on that wall.:thumbsup:

Very nice. Just need a mahoooosive plasma on the wall to finish it. :D

Sabash! :smashin:

But.....
Not sure about the positioning pf the speakers. Asthetically good but sonically lacking. The one on the right stuffed into a corner does not help.
Having said that they are fine for telly and DVD but not for stereo hi-fi music where such things as sound image and tonal balance are important.

im thinking about getting those missions,hows the bass on them?

Harai Babuji!

Spring is in the air! And the summer is dawning!
Time to enjoy the great outdoors!

The way prices have been plumetting, by autumn/winter you should be able to pick up a plasma at half the current price and with HD standards sorted by then.

Hey na?!

very neat.

I think an lcd would be great... mount it on the chimney (maybe a shelf below it to fend of the heat from the fire) then you could have the floorstanders on either side, would look ace and save space.

/runs before sunlis wife tracks me down for death

Sabash! :smashin:

But.....
Not sure about the positioning pf the speakers. Asthetically good but sonically lacking. The one on the right stuffed into a corner does not help.
Having said that they are fine for telly and DVD but not for stereo hi-fi music where such things as sound image and tonal balance are important.

Cheers. I think they sound pretty even where they are. However, I would like to get a screen, mount it on the chimney breast, take the fireplace out, shove a rack in the space and place the speakers around the chimney... however, only time will tell if I can be bothered! ;)

im thinking about getting those missions,hows the bass on them?

I quite like them. Although, I did lose a lot of bass from previously having them in open space on carpet. They certainly sound a lot leaner now :(

Sunil, you do need a Plasma. Go on, treat yourself. You won't be able to afford to go out but you won't mind with a lovely screen.

All the best
Bri

That's a sacrifice too much to bear just yet. I'm only young!!

Harai Babuji!

Spring is in the air! And the summer is dawning!
Time to enjoy the great outdoors!

The way prices have been plumetting, by autumn/winter you should be able to pick up a plasma at half the current price and with HD standards sorted by then.

Hey na?!

Soon... soon :suicide:

very neat.

I think an lcd would be great... mount it on the chimney (maybe a shelf below it to fend of the heat from the fire) then you could have the floorstanders on either side, would look ace and save space.

/runs before sunlis wife tracks me down for death

Wife?! I'm only 23. Got a good few years before I pop the question to our lass. She's not going anywhere yet anyway :devil:

looks very nice, i have the mission m35's, find them very heavy on bass, I have the same centre speaker too, do you find it a bit quiet?

Go on,go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on , go on, go on, go on, go on.............get a plasma!!!!!
Nice tidy set up still though!!

looks very nice, i have the mission m35's, find them very heavy on bass, I have the same centre speaker too, do you find it a bit quiet?

I do have it wacked up slightly in regards to the fronts but not by much; I wouldn't say it's quiet at all with a sensitivity of 91dB. Maybe yours is slightly faulty? My m34s went like that for a while and when I modded them to m34is, I noticed the removed wires were pretty dark with oxidization. Made a huge difference to the sound too. Then again, that might just have been down to the m34s having poor internal wiring. Is yours a m3c2 or m3c2i?
I bought mine off ebay for £40, thinking it was the m3c2 but when i got it, it was the i version. Saved me £20 in a new crossover :thumbsup:

I do have it wacked up slightly in regards to the fronts but not by much; I wouldn't say it's quiet at all with a sensitivity of 91dB. Maybe yours is slightly faulty? My m34s went like that for a while and when I modded them to m34is, I noticed the removed wires were pretty dark with oxidization. Made a huge difference to the sound too. Then again, that might just have been down to the m34s having poor internal wiring. Is yours a m3c2 or m3c2i?
I bought mine off ebay for £40, thinking it was the m3c2 but when i got it, it was the i version. Saved me £20 in a new crossover :thumbsup:

they are all 'i' - thought the only difference was two little lines on the outside of the cabinet! lol

Cheers. That's a sacrifice too much to bear just yet. I'm only young!! Wife?! I'm only 23. Got a good few years before I pop the question to our lass. She's not going anywhere yet anyway :devil:

When I was about your age (cue violins) living in a bedsit I didn't have a TV at all until my parents bought me a black & white portable. Now I have a 50 inch Plasma, HD DVD and a decent 5.1 system. Of course age is starting to take it's toll now on my eyes and ears. So I need this gear to see and hear as well as I did with the portable back then.

You've made a great start and you'll get there in the end.

Best wishes to you and your lass
Bri

they are all 'i' - thought the only difference was two little lines on the outside of the cabinet! lol

I think some "i"s were shipped without the lines. My fronts were upgraded personally. If you find your centre speaker quiet, have a word with Mission. They're extremely helpful and you're bound to get a reply within 24 hours if you send an e-mail.

When I was about your age (cue violins) living in a bedsit I didn't have a TV at all until my parents bought me a black & white portable. Now I have a 50 inch Plasma, HD DVD and a decent 5.1 system. Of course age is starting to take it's toll now on my eyes and ears. So I need this gear to see and hear as well as I did with the portable back then.

You've made a great start and you'll get there in the end.

Best wishes to you and your lass
Bri

Cheers Brian. Just hoping I don't go deaf before that day. I already can't hear much according to a frequency test I did lately :rolleyes: At least I'll be able to enjoy my future visual purchase as my eyesight is perfect :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom