20" LCD / DVD / Freeview - Found One ??

peterjspencer

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking at 20" LCDs for a while but need to have digital freeview and integrated DVD. Ive found the DMTech 20" which seems to tick all the boxes but the one tghing that putting me off is that the screen resolution is only 640x480.
Its a TV for the bedroom and Im not after HD, but if Im dropping that far down the resolution scale, what will the picture quality be like. Anyone any thoughts?

Hi
My friend has the DMtech with DVD and the picture looks fine.

To see others try going to Makro I was there recently and they had several 20"DVD combos that I hadnt seen elsewere (unusual makes though)Makros exchange policy is very free and easy if you have any trouble.

I found with 20" they either give you a DVD... OR ........Freeview not many give you both.I think Sony did one but top of the range price.

I wasnt bothered about DVD but wanted freeview so it was easier for me.

Steve

Steve

Regards the resolution figures..........I have found that WITHIN REASON you shouldnt be scared off by figures that look lowish.

At the end of the day if you like what you are looking at then its fine.

EG a Hi Fi may be 100watts per channel so its loud.......but does it sound good.........not necessarilly.

So the best test with Hi Fi is go and listen to it........with TVs go and look at them working and have a good fiddle with the controls.

Steve 1951 - good advice, will get my backside down to Makro.
I just looked at the Bush mentioned in the link below and thought that would do the job nicely especially as its HD Ready. BUT GUESS WHAT, its out of stock at Argos !! Typical

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom