Just not enough inputs on my Toshiba 32WLT66 - what do I need to get?

R

rich_fuji

I have a Toshiba 32WLT66 which I am very happy with. The problem is that I have more devices I want to connect to it than I have inputs.

To this TV I need to connect:

1) DVD Player (non-HD)
2) Sky+ box
3) PS2
4) Nintendo Wii
5) Xbox 360

The TV has 2 HDMI inputs, 2 SCART, 1 component and 1 side AV input (really designed for cams)

The problem is that neither the Nintendo Wii or 360 have HDMI cables available for them, only component / AV / scart, and I don't have enough component sockets on the TV to cope with this.

Right now I have the DVD connect to the Sky+ box via scart. The Sky+ to the TV Scart 1. The PS2 into the 2nd Scart socket. The 360 and Wii uses the component sockets on the TV and I have to get around the back to swap them over between each console when I want to play.

This is a less than ideal set-up to say the least.

Do devices exist that allow me to connect everything I have to that one box, and then that one box can go into the TV? (ideally to an HDMI input). If this box can then also control sound output to one set of speakers then so much the better.

I'm really not a home cinema buff (as you can tell!), I'm a gamer who's wife enjoys a bit of TV :) So what do I need to buy in order to stop this cable swapping nightmare?

Many thanks.

get an av control centre or wait for the next toshiba model, the 1080p set, out in a couple weeks , it has 3 hdmi connections. wlt 68.....:) not to sure what else it has extra.after reading it appears that this set is out already.

I have no intention of replacing this TV for a couple of years at least - it took that long to convince the wife to let me buy it in the first place :)

Can anyone suggest a decent AV control centre?

I have used, on my Panny with a similiar issue, a simple set of 3 phono Y adaptors, though I have good component cables plugged into them. I can detect no loss of quality, though of course you can only have one system powered on at a time. The problem I have with extra switchers etc is that I have no room left anywhere to put them:)
This might not work as well for other systems, depending on the impedance of the device's outputs, and whether they are tristate, but it's fine for my Liteon DVR and Showcenter 200. Total cost £3...

alpine - ahh, nice one - that is a good idea! Can you tell me which brand of component cable (and phono adaptor) you used? I've read it can make all the difference. It doesn't matter about only being able to have one console on at once. I might be a hardcore gamer, but even I can only play one system at once :D

alpine - ahh, nice one - that is a good idea! Can you tell me which brand of component cable (and phono adaptor) you used? I've read it can make all the difference. It doesn't matter about only being able to have one console on at once. I might be a hardcore gamer, but even I can only play one system at once :D
The adaptors are cheapo gold plated from an Ebay seller, the cables are Belkin Pure AV ones.

I have a Toshiba 32WLT66 which I am very happy with. The problem is that I have more devices I want to connect to it than I have inputs.

To this TV I need to connect:

1) DVD Player (non-HD)
2) Sky+ box
3) PS2
4) Nintendo Wii
5) Xbox 360

The TV has 2 HDMI inputs, 2 SCART, 1 component and 1 side AV input (really designed for cams)

The problem is that neither the Nintendo Wii or 360 have HDMI cables available for them, only component / AV / scart, and I don't have enough component sockets on the TV to cope with this.

Right now I have the DVD connect to the Sky+ box via scart. The Sky+ to the TV Scart 1. The PS2 into the 2nd Scart socket. The 360 and Wii uses the component sockets on the TV and I have to get around the back to swap them over between each console when I want to play.

This is a less than ideal set-up to say the least.

Do devices exist that allow me to connect everything I have to that one box, and then that one box can go into the TV? (ideally to an HDMI input). If this box can then also control sound output to one set of speakers then so much the better.

I'm really not a home cinema buff (as you can tell!), I'm a gamer who's wife enjoys a bit of TV :) So what do I need to buy in order to stop this cable swapping nightmare?

Many thanks.

Why not buy a VGA cable for your xbox 360 and use the VGA input?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom