PVR with SkyLink functionality?

M

m00958

Hi,

I currently have Sky+, and love being able to watch and control the unit from upstairs as well as downstairs. However, I hate having to pay stupid amounts of money each month for 100's of stations I never watch!

Quick question, are there any twin tuner PVRs out there that mimic the SkyLink functionality?

I don't really want to have a remote control extender kicking around clogging the place up.

Cheers
George

There are a few aftermarket products that can do similar. I use a labgear (I think its labgear - I fitted it and forgot about it) distribution system that distributes the RF feed to 3 other rooms in the house each of which has an IR repeater that will control my Humax box (and HiFi, and VCR etc etc). The only problem is that you need to use the original remote (or a learning remote).

There are also wireless repeaters but I tried one once and won't go that route again.

The lablink one is about £70 all in but I think you can get a cheaper version without the distribution amp.

OK, just looked up my model. www.labgear.co.uk - its the Handylink Pro MRX270. You can put this in their search box.

Does the Sky+ TVLink work with other systems too?

I currently have Sky+ with the TV link - will this still work (remotes and all) if I change to a Humax Freeview PVR?

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom