"Rescue Me" & "Nip/Tuck" on SkyOne HD??

WorldChampionsGoo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The November update from www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk I received, advertised both these fantastic shows as being back for a new series, in November and in HD :clap:

Only problem is, neither of them has appeared yet? :mad:

Does anybody know why and whether December is the month for these two?

Thanks.

The November update from www.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk I received, advertised both these fantastic shows as being back for a new series, in November and in HD :clap:

Only problem is, neither of them has appeared yet? :mad:

Does anybody know why and whether December is the month for these two?

Thanks.

Rescue Me starts on 28th November 22:00 hrs on Sky One & Sky One HD.

Nip/Tuc was also supposed to be starting this month , however from what I remember reading , due to Sky acquiring the rights to Lost , & showing this in November , Nip/Tuc is now going to start at the beginning of January I believe. This too is on Sky One HD

Regards James

I think they have moved "Rescue Me" as well. Digiguide is currently listing "Road Wars" in that slot.

Just a week away and you would expect to be seeing trailers for it (especially in places like the "Lost" ad breaks) but I've not seen anything.

regards

John

All in HD - Nip/Tuck (January 8), Rescue Me (January 9) and Battlestar Galactica (January 10).

Why wait forever for sky to show them just download them

Not everyone has the ability to do that big boy :lesson:

Anyway, the waiting makes the watching of the series better IMO - had the entire series of Lost on DVD and watching them one after the other loses any tension a series may generate - can you remember having to wait months to see who shot JR - how boring would that have been if you could have just downloaded it? :D

Why wait forever for sky to show them just download them

I dont get where people are downloading Full HD programmes on the internet from!?!

I've downloaded loads of shows using the usual torrent sites. An hour long show is usually 350MB. There are loads of these which are sourced from HD but no way are these actually HD. Whenever I search the torrent sites for proper HD shows (e.g. have "720p" in the title) they are few and far between and are usually at least 700MB for an hour.

If I downloaded a 350MB episode of Lost which had 'HDTV' in the torrent title, then watched the same episode on Sky HD the difference would be very clear....even on Sky.

Downloading shows ripped from HD sources is not the same as viewing them in HD.

However, I stand to be harshly corrected though if it's not the usual bit torrent downloads that people are talking about.

I dont get where people are downloading Full HD programmes on the internet from!?!

I've downloaded loads of shows using the usual torrent sites. An hour long show is usually 350MB. There are loads of these which are sourced from HD but no way are these actually HD. Whenever I search the torrent sites for proper HD shows (e.g. have "720p" in the title) they are few and far between and are usually at least 700MB for an hour.

If I downloaded a 350MB episode of Lost which had 'HDTV' in the torrent title, then watched the same episode on Sky HD the difference would be very clear....even on Sky.

Downloading shows ripped from HD sources is not the same as viewing them in HD.

However, I stand to be harshly corrected though if it's not the usual bit torrent downloads that people are talking about.

HD downloads from newsgroups are in the GB's and you ae right they are generally recoded off tivo etc and then re-encoded so unless you have a mega fast internet connection and no download quotas and want sub HD quality (IMO) then dowloading is fine (but also illegal).

1. TV episodes are not hour long they are more like 42min.
2. yep newsgroups are the best place for the HD versions
3. if you do get good re encodes there is nothing wrong with them they look fine and carry 5.1.
4. to download few GB doesn't really need a quick BB it's if you got monthly allowance which can be the problem which is why lot of people go for the 350mb ones.
5. how is downloading the TV series illegal Sky has the rights so they will be showing that series anyway and people are paying so if you download it your not doing anything wrong.
6. if you want to wait 6 months later to start watching a series that has been completed in US then thats up to you but myself I prefer to keep up to date also the way TV series are they could be canned then Sky gets the rights and spoilers are over tv internet so it ruins it anyway..

5. how is downloading the TV series illegal Sky has the rights so they will be showing that series anyway and people are paying so if you download it your not doing anything wrong.

Tell you what, why don't you e-mail Sky and mention this and see what they say :rolleyes:

MOD COMMENT:

Please do not continue the discussion about illegal downloads.

Thanks

Andy

:thumbsdow to downloads :lesson:

:smashin:

So anyone know why Nip/Tuck Season 4 isn't being shown in HD on 8th Jan?

Or is it, that it isn't broadcast in HD over the pond?

24 starts on Sunday January 21st - in HD. I think Nip/Tuck will be HD as well, just a shame that season 3 was ridiculous.

I haven't watched 24 since season 3 so may try and check out season 6.

Nip/Tuck did get a bit silly - and from what I've read on Season 4 they've put it into overdrive!

Well a ad for nip/tuck came on earlier I pressed the green button selected hd and now have it in my planner but take a guess, according to the info its not in hd, I hope this is just a cock up by sky in the planner.

I've only ever watched Season one of Nip/Tuck. How was S2 and S3 in relation to it?

I've only ever watched Season one of Nip/Tuck. How was S2 and S3 in relation to it?

They have got a bit further over the top as the seasons have progressed, still a good show though.

Boozyuzi- I'm gobsmacked that you take that information and decide to not even try it, for all you now that info could be incorrect.

I still remember seeing the first episode and my jaw dropping at the liposuction scene :devil:

I still remember seeing the first episode and my jaw dropping at the liposuction scene :devil:

I can remember that also, I was eating Pizza at the time, not the best accompanying food.:)

Well a ad for nip/tuck came on earlier I pressed the green button selected hd and now have it in my planner but take a guess, according to the info its not in hd, I hope this is just a cock up by sky in the planner.

Out of interest if it doesn't start for another 3 weeks or so how have you got it in your planner? I thought the green button was only used when programmes were on in the next week.

nip tuck rocks i watch tv for fantasy not real life lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom