Sharp 1080p XD1E Range (incl. LC-52XD1E and LC-46XD1E)

marty2005

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread on the new Sharp LC-52XD1E.

1920x1080p. 52" LCD - £2,599.00.

Freeview & 2 hdmi (I think).

Available September in 37", 42", 46" and 52". All 1080p.

There is a 65" but that will set you back £10,699.

Anyone got anymore info?

Does it have picture in picture?

A lot cheaper than the new Sony x-series 52" which is £5000 +

marty2005 said:
Thought I'd start a thread on the new Sharp LC-52XD1E.

1920x1080p. 52" LCD - £2,599.00.

Freeview & 2 hdmi (I think).

Available September in 37", 42", 46" and 52". All 1080p.

There is a 65" but that will set you back £10,699.

Anyone got anymore info?

Does it have picture in picture?

A lot cheaper than the new Sony x-series 52" which is £5000 +

Found this below, though it mentions 1080i, not 1080p.

http://www.askdirect.co.uk/search/Sharp_AquosLC52XD1E.html

I must admit I was thinking about the 46X but now this is coming out I will wait and see, I defo like the idea of 52" :D and the price is right

PS I have no idea what pioneer are playing @ with their £6000 PDP5000 EX 50" 1080p plasma !!!

I have just spoken to Sharp and they say they have nether heard of the XD1 series lcd tv's.

They say it could be an import from America or somewhere else.

I said it has uk freeview and scart sockets which makes it Western Europe.

No we only have the GD1E coming out in October.

Mind you I was talking to a female secretary.

Mr-Bananas said:
Great, but I cant read Italian !!!.

Me neither but you can always try a translation with Babelfish :)

From what I understand, it confirms that this new SHARP series should be out in October from 37" to 52" full HD (though they don't say if it will be 1080p or 1080i).

Response time will be 6ms, using 4 wavelength system (whatever that is) and the TrueD technology.

If they are really 1080p and the price quoted on the other websites, it could be be a winner.

Sent an email to AV-Sales asking if the TV definately outputs 1080P, and according to their Sharp rep they spoke to last week - it does.
So things seem to be hopefully looking good.:thumbsup:

Mr-Bananas said:
Great, but I cant read Italian !!!.

I am italian, so I will quickly translate that:

"Nuovi LCD TV Full-HD: Grazie all'entrata in funzione dello stabilimento giapponese di Kameyama II**, Sharp propone pannelli di ultima generazione di grandi formato, introdotti in diverse linee; la serie di maggior rilievo è quella degli AQUOS XD1, creata in modelli da 37", 42", 46" e 52", tutti Full-HD (1920 x 1080 linee, la risoluzione massima per l'HD-Ready)!"

translation:
New LCD TV Full-HD: Thanks to the opening of the new japanese factory in Kameyama, Sharp will offer large new generation panels in different sets; the most important series will be AQUOS XD1, which will come with 37", 42", 46" and 52" models, all in Full-HD (1920 x 1080 lines, the highest resolution for HD-Ready)!"

"Disponibili a partire dal prossimo ottobre, i nuovi AQUOS serie XD1 offrono altissime prestazioni, un design ancor più elegante dalle linee voluttuose, e funzionalità high-end destinate a conquistare gli spettatori più esigenti, come ad esempio il tuner digitale terrestre integrato, la tecnologia truD per l'ottimizzazione delle immagini, il tempo di risposta del pannello di appena 6 millisecondi e il sistema di retroilluminazione a 4 lunghezze d'onda, per un colore ancora più naturale."

translation:
Available from next october, the new AQUOS XD1 series will boast very high performance, sleeker design with voluptuos lines, plus high-end funcionalities aimed to capture the most demanding users like the integrated digital tuner, truD technology for image optimization, pixel response time of just 6 milliseconds and a 4 wavelength retro-illumination system for a more natural color.

I will keep an eye to these panels since I have to buy a new TV when PS3 comes this november. To tell the truth I don't think these will be able to match the video technology Sony is implementing in the X series (which left me truly speechless), so I think I will buy Sony in the end, but we'll see. Three months to go!

Cyprio said:
Sent an email to AV-Sales asking if the TV definately outputs 1080P, and according to their Sharp rep they spoke to last week - it does.
So things seem to be hopefully looking good.:thumbsup:
Its not a case that it "outputs" 1080p, any 1920x1080 will output at 1080p. The issue is whether it accepts a full 1080p signal.

marty2005 said:
I have just spoken to Sharp and they say they have nether heard of the XD1 series lcd tv's.

They say it could be an import from America or somewhere else.

I said it has uk freeview and scart sockets which makes it Western Europe.

No we only have the GD1E coming out in October.

Mind you I was talking to a female secretary.

This is what i got from AV-Sales. Who has wrong, Sharp or Av-Sales we have to wait and see:

Hi,

Many thanks for your enquiry.
Sharp are very good at keeping their cards close to their chests until very near
the official release date.
The XD1 1080p screens are UK models and due in the next 6-8 weeks. We are
waiting for full technical specs and pictures to come from Sharp Japan and will
add these to the website as soon as we receive them.

Regards,

thanks for the translation XLNS, I am very muchly so looking forward to this screen, although you do realise that by the time its released the 46X will probably have dropped in price too !!!

According Sharp Sweden it will be 1080P via HDMI and 2 HDMI and they will show it on September...

Check the net particulary from some of our USA counterparts people seem to be saying its very hard to tell 1080i / 1080p apart on a 1080p screen.

Id understand that on a larger screen it may be more noticable although from a personal viewpoint 1080i isnt any good for PC usage but 1080P would be like a normal desktop if it allows 1:1 or if it may need underscanned to show full res desktop.

Prices are amazing though compared to the X series Sony

sharp_lc46d62u.jpg

info

This is a Sharp LC-52D62U simular NTSC model guys?

Yes it is NTSC model and sure we will get almost the same :clap:

My God, that is one sexy lookin TV.

I am very tempted to place an order now for the 42" model. I just prey that Sharp have gone back to the good old days with there picture tweaking options etc.

If the UK ones are similar to the US ones then we are in business.

:(
neilmcl said:
Its not a case that it "outputs" 1080p, any 1920x1080 will output at 1080p. The issue is whether it accepts a full 1080p signal.

Jeez - not this old chestnut again! lets just wait until we know a bit more.

Cyprio said:
:(

Jeez - not this old chestnut again! lets just wait until we know a bit more.
Thats what I've been saying all along its just that some of you lot see that it outputs 1080p and automatically jump to the conclusion that its a true 1080p display.

These new models are the labour of Sharps new labs, will be interesting to see if performance is up their...

Every manufacturer is after a larger slice of the HDTV pie and with these prices/sizes you can bet Sharps bit of pie is gonna get bigger.
Really target Tosh/LG/Samsung.

I think you will find Sharp already have a pretty large slice of the Pie.

They are one of, if not the biggest manufacturer of LCD panels. They also invented LCD, so they know what they are doing.

A few years ago it was something like 2 thirds of all LCD panels on Earth were made by Sharp.

If these new panels are half as good as there old GA3/4 and GD1 models than I will be buying one.

Sharp were one of the early pioneers for LCD tech but isnt it actually Samsung who are the Worlds largest manufacturer, particulary if you take onboard the mobile phone industry/pda devices/laptops and TFT market? They also teamed up with Sony with their recent production labs from early last year or so.

Still no dissing Sharp, we can only hope these models perform simular to the Sony X series, if so then Sony have a major problem with their current pricing/floating panel design or not. Could we see some of the early 46" X series owners getting a shock?

bad robot said:
Sharp were one of the early pioneers for LCD tech but isnt it actually Samsung who are the Worlds largest manufacturer, particulary if you take onboard the mobile phone industry/pda devices/laptops and TFT market? They also teamed up with Sony with their recent production labs from early last year or so.

Still no dissing Sharp, we can only hope these models perform simular to the Sony X series, if so then Sony have a major problem with their current pricing/floating panel design or not. Could we see some of the early 46" X series owners getting a shock?

Here comes a comment from an owner of X series of course with lot of shock :rotfl:

Would not surprise me if the sharp is better then the sony to, and 52" is a lot bigger then 46" and yet it should still only be about as wide as the sony 46" God damn! If we only knew this a month ago!

neilmcl said:
Thats what I've been saying all along its just that some of you lot see that it outputs 1080p and automatically jump to the conclusion that its a true 1080p display.

Nobody is jumping to any conclusions, that is just your perception.

Whether it will output a 1080P signal or not, going by the remainder of the spec it still has the makings of an interesting panel thus far, in peticular the fact that it is a 52in for less than the cost of the Sony46X - providing the price remains similar to the recent quotes.

Cyprio said:
Nobody is jumping to any conclusions, that is just your perception.
Then whats all the debate about it being 1080p or 1080i about then. :rolleyes:

If its not an issue then why are the posts, including yours, that say such and such says its 1080i, or I've read its 1080p etc. Like I said earlier you have to fully understand what is meant by a 1080p panel first before worrying about this, and its not about output as all 1920x1080 output a 1080p picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom