HDD Capacity / Upgrade

bjjgann

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All

How much should I be able to get on my HDD. I deleted about 5 hours worth as I was “critical” and it remains in this state despite only having 14 hrs 25 Minutes worth of recordings non of which are HD.

Also is it possible to upgrade the HDD.

I am waiting a return call from a techie who will talk me through the process of reformatting the hard drive to reclaim the free space. Apparently it will not lose existing recordings. I am hoping the techie will have an explanation and it’s a known bug which will be fixed.

The return call could take a few days though, there is a good chance I will have experimented myself in the meantime.

OK I couldnt wait for the return call in 1 - 3 days so reformatted myself using the steps below

Hold play/pause for 5 seconds (this will show E-00)
Press TVDrive (this will show E-01)
Press -Ch 4 times (to show HDD4)
Press OK
Wait a few minutes

I now have 80 hours free, all recordings deleted and planned recordings too. I must admit I wasnt convinced when the TW rep said I shouldnt lose existing reordings when the techie talked me through it. Especially when I noticed the following quote in http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/assets/pdf/14158_tvdrive_troubleshooting.pdf

"Special Note: In some cases it maybe necessary to ‘reformat’ your TVDrive. Customer Care
will advise if this is necessary and how to go about it. Reformatting will mean that you can
hopefully resume ‘normal service’ fairly quickly without waiting for an appointment for an
engineer to visit. However, reformatting can result in the loss of recorded and planned
programmes. We suggest that you copy any important programmes to DVD/VCR (see page 21)
and make a note of your planning recordings before reformatting or before an engineer visit."

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom