Connecting Iscan HD to Barco Data 701s

T

tommo2

Hi.
I've ordered a iScan HD from ebay and am looking to find a breakout cable to connect it to my BD701s.
The output from iscan is vga so i need a vga to BNC breakout cable.
I was all set to buy a VGA to 5 BNC cable as was suggested by someone but when i checked out the spec for the cable it said it was only compatible with 5 BNC signals (seperate H and V sync).
The pj requires RGB and composite sync (four connections)
I was led to believe that using a 5BNC cable and just not connecting the extra connector would suffice but now am not so sure.

Anyone got any ideas how best to connect to the pj???
The cable im looking at is here:
www.hdstep.com/detail.php?m_id=1026

Is there such a cable as VGA to 4BNC for pj's that require composite sync???

Thanks y'all :thumbsup:

JaniH said:
That is correct.

But the cable spec says that the cable im looking at will not support RGBS or RGsB, only RGBHV. See the link in my original post for the cable spec.
Is there such a cable for VGA to RGBS???

tommo2 said:
But the cable spec says that the cable im looking at will not support RGBS or RGsB, only RGBHV.
Doesn't matter what the poor ad says. You can pass whatever you want, if the connectors match, for example audio, with this cable. ;)

Just leave the V sync cable unplugged and set the scaler to output composite sync and you're set.

Is there such a cable for VGA to RGBS???
Yes there is, it's exactly the same kind as this one, but without the V sync wire.

Cheers JaniH,:smashin:
I'll go ahead and order the cable then
Thanks for your help.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

tommo, before you order your cable you need to ask what the impedance is. This is important.

Most VGA cables are 50 Ohms (a.k.a. 50R). This is OK for computers but not good for scalers and projectors. You need a 75 Ohm cable.

If you use a 50 Ohm cable the picture will look horrible. It's like the gamma is screwed up. This picture is too contrasty and the whites are all bleached out. Altering contrast and brightness won't fix the problem.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom