Whats this all about

stevogums

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: We've just received information from OPPO:

We are unable to ship due to the new European law that came into effect 01/07/06 regarding RoHS compliance . At present the OPPO dvd players are not compliant.

We will keep you updated with any further news.

So is the end of me getting an oppo...
Been waiting for 10 days now..

My Castle sub was ordered last October but did not arrive until January because the process was being made ROHS compliaint at the subcontractors in China.

Cant really wait for that length of time..
Anyone suggest another DVD on par with Oppo...just purchased Bravia 32V2000 and after a DVD player capable of upsacling to a decent standard...Read reviews of oppo and all seemd good..
However looks like im going to have to find another DVD player...
Any suggestions anyone please...:confused:

stevogums said:
So is the end of me getting an oppo...
Been waiting for 10 days now..

Have you tried CRT PJ's? They had about 3 971's left yesterday lunch time... (Well they had 4 before I ordered mine...)

Rob.

Rob100 said:
Have you tried CRT PJ's? They had about 3 971's left yesterday lunch time... (Well they had 4 before I ordered mine...)

Rob.
And I ordered mine yesterday. PHEW!

man, im glad i got mine today then, twas replacing my faulty one.

Ordered mine first thing this morning from CRT after getting the ROHS message from ITSupplies. CRT were very helpful, nice to do business with.

Just missed out...CRT sold out...
However really nice man at end of phone(really nice and helpfull)from CRT said they were waiting on Oppo phone call to see if they will still export to UK..will find out tommorow ..Guy said to ring back Fri afternoon for the answer from oppo...
Fingers Xrsd....:rolleyes:

Where is this CRT place people are referring to? I've just decided to get an oppo but have now read this thread.

Dave

The really nice guy at the end of the phone is Henry.

TBH its a bit crap that OPPo forgot to plan for ROHS compliance as its not as if it was just sprung on the industry by EU bigwigs in the last couple of weeks ! Its been discussed and its live date known for a few years.

Sorry if im hijacking this but the oppo thread is huge.

Bit gutted about this news as was contemplating getting the oppo if i wasnt gonna get a dearer player.

Anyway what is the oppo 970 and how does it compare to the 971 as the 970 seems to have hdmi output and not the fajourda ( i know i spelt that wrong ) chip.

Cheers

no point bothering now is there...sod it, well lets hope by oct they've sorted out this problem

so what's the alternative i'm pushed for space, i cant buy anything greater than 12'' deep, that's loads more bloody research

Don't give up yet :)

If you are a PAL user then and want a player then the 970 is not for you.

i'll get the DENON 1920, i found out last night that the OPPO has crap audio anyway; so there you go

It's not, both Oppos are actually very accomplished in this area.

Really considering one of these 3..
Pioneer DV-696AV.
Sony Dvp-ns76hs or Sony NS92VS HDMI Player
DENON DVD1920..or wait for new Denon models

dazzlew said:
TBH its a bit crap that OPPo forgot to plan for ROHS compliance as its not as if it was just sprung on the industry by EU bigwigs in the last couple of weeks ! Its been discussed and its live date known for a few years.

Considering that OPPO is basically a US entity (BBK and OPPO Europe being the European and Asian entities) they are not concerned with RoHS. The US does not impose the same restrictions (their primary market) therefore retooling would be an expensive operation for a small amount of sales.

Nic Rhodes said:
The really nice guy at the end of the phone is Henry.
and he is a star. he was real helpful when i found a fault with my oppo. My new one works fine.

Glad I got my 971 t'other week from CRT....

...what are the actual health concerns with this, and should my family and I invest in protective suits just to watch DVDs?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom