Panasonic TH37PX60B native resolution

Ultima

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying the Panasonic TH37PX60B 37" TV.

Does anybody know if this TV will accept native resolution at 50hz through a Lumagen DVI.

Anybody got the timings for native res???

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Martin

ashworthacca said:
Thinking about buying the Panasonic TH37PX60B 37" TV.

Does anybody know if this TV will accept native resolution at 50hz through a Lumagen DVI.

Anybody got the timings for native res???

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Martin

Pretty certain that the 37" Panasonic HD panels are 1024x720 resolution. Don't think they can be driven at native resolution (i.e. with non-square pixels) - only a square pixel 1280x720 or 1920x1080 via HDMI - though I may be wrong.

anybody with any timings for using this TV with Lumagen DVI??

Kind regards
Martin

I take delivery of this TV on Wednesday. Any setup advice would be welcome, Lumagen settings?? or tips appreciated.

Kind regards
Martin

I have sold my DVI but I was using it with my 42" PX60 outputting 720 @ 50Hz. I had a problem getting the DVI out to work on my set-up but that was due to my original config file. Gordon from Convergent AV sorted me out with a config that worked well and some advice on how to do a clean install of the new config. You are welcome to a copy of this advice and config file if you like, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send it.

Cheers

Brian

ashworthacca said:
I take delivery of this TV on Wednesday. Any setup advice would be welcome, Lumagen settings?? or tips appreciated.

Kind regards
Martin

The viera range really isn't the screen to be using if you have a scaler, purely because you can't pixel map it there for you are scaling in the scaler and then scaling again in the screen.
You would be better to get a PHD8, the 42" screen is roughly the same size at the Viera 37" and you get alot more control. Is it too late to change the order or any reason why you want the Viera?

gizlaroc said:
The viera range really isn't the screen to be using if you have a scaler, purely because you can't pixel map it there for you are scaling in the scaler and then scaling again in the screen.
You would be better to get a PHD8, the 42" screen is roughly the same size at the Viera 37" and you get alot more control. Is it too late to change the order or any reason why you want the Viera?

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the PHD8.

Kind regards
Martin

With the PHD8 you get a much sharper image than on the Viera sets and and you have total control over what you are doing. If you go from the Lumagen rgbhv straight into the vga port on the phd8 you can pixel map at 50 and 60hz for stunning results, totally bypassing the screens internal scaling and with no frame rate conversion.

Have you got anything that has hdcp in the signal? That is the only problem with scalers at the moment, once you input something that is hdmi with hdcp the analogue outs turn off.

gizlaroc said:
Have you got anything that has hdcp in the signal? That is the only problem with scalers at the moment, once you input something that is hdmi with hdcp the analogue outs turn off.
I haven't got anything with hdcp in the signal so this is not a prolem. Thanks for the comments, they are very much appreciated.

The only reason I have ordered the PX60 is that I have got a very good trade deal through a friend and I am not sure if funds will reach the retail price of the PHD8 (£1450 at AV-Sales)but I will see if I can remedy this somehow. I ordered the PX60 at more than £500 lower than this.

Regards
Martin

£500 makes a fair bit of difference I guess, how much are they normallY?

Maybe get it and see what you think as I am sure you could sell it at a profit couldn't you?

gizlaroc said:
£500 makes a fair bit of difference I guess, how much are they normallY?

Maybe get it and see what you think as I am sure you could sell it at a profit couldn't you?

The cheapest I have seen is £1425, I have ordered it at £920. Big saving. I think I will keep with the order and see what I think. Like you say, I could possibly sell for no loss if I am not happy.

Native resolutions always puzzle me. Why can't the Vieras accept native 1024x720 straight from the scaler when the PHD8 can accept 1024x768 native. I don't need an answer to this, I assume it will be pretty technical, I am just thinking out loud.

Thanks again gizlaroc.

Martin

Purely cause they only set them up for standard video resolutions, don't expect people to input pc resolutions and really don't think people will be inputting a pc over hdmi at 50hz.

That is why for scaler users a pc monitor (ie plasma panel) is a better bet.

Thanks for the config files:thumbsup: However, they weren't needed. I have just taken delivery today of the Panasonic TH37PX60B and plugged it in via DVI from the scaler to HDMI and got a picture straight away. It was off to one side but did the basic setup routine, used DVE disk for resizing etc and now am sooo pleased with the results it's untrue. I have just moved my Samsung LE32R41BD into the conservatory and I was really pleased with the picture quality that the Lumagen was producing, but the Panasonic is a vast improvement.

Regards
Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom