Samsung Slimfit WS32Z409TQ pictures!

Eiji

Established Member
Reaction score
I got these from a French forum of this HD Ready CRT in action! :thumbsup:

Remember, digital camera shots are not representative of actual picture quality bar geometry issues :suicide:

dscf36217ys.jpg

dscf35621es.jpg

dscf36032nc.jpg

dscf35608kd.jpg

dscf36325uu.jpg

dscf36284ji.jpg

dscf36382nb.jpg

dscf36166nn.jpg

dscf36229vi.jpg

dscf36180cj.jpg

dscf36144nt.jpg

dscf36278bp.jpg

Its a real shame the new Slimfit model also suffers from the bump in the near bottom center of the screen like the previous model. You would think Samsung would have this geometry issue sorted out by now although I'm sure the severity will vary in each set.

I see what you mean. The space bar/ok button on the name entry screen looks pretty bad, as does the Batman begins shot.

I'm very much in two minds about this set.

Popped into Comet and they say they will order one for you but dont have in stock. They checked stock of all local stores in west mids but none have any in for you to check out the quality.

As other will have seen from other posts of mine - I am not a supporter of digi pictures used as evidence of PQ. However there are a number of them here and some of them clearly showing the same issue. And it seems from the consistant straightness of the TV outer casing in each digi picture that the camera itself is not the reason for the deviation.
There is clearly a hump in the bottom of each picture which is consistant with what other have reported from previous models - this is worrying. Why only the bottom btw - I can't see any issues evident at the top??
Before I dismiss this model I will obviously need to see one in the flesh, however I would ask if owners of the older models can report whether this is what they also see on their TV's. Is this a fair representation?

Good find Eiji83 - very interesting pics - as meggie dude has said will wait to see a real set, but the geometry still seems out at the bottom, and top of right hand side. Can this be adjusted (not too good at techy stuff)? Doesn't seem as bad as the previous sets, though they probably vary quite alot from set to set?

Alot would depend on the price for me also.

Also cannot judge picture quality cos connections on these pics are only from scart, not hdmi/hd. (I realize the pics are mainly for geometry judgements)

and try the service menu to teak it.If its too bad it can go back to Currys within 28 days.It will only be used for tv watching cos I'll be watching dvd's through my Z4 projector which comes next week.I was tempted by the Sagem dlp but its too big and would cover too much of my project screen.I don't like where the hdmi socket is situated either ,theres nowhere to support the cable.

Valcor said:
top of right hand side. Can this be adjusted (not too good at techy stuff)?
Yes I missed the anomally at the top right - well spotted. Even more worrying then.
Valcor said:
Doesn't seem as bad as the previous sets, though they probably vary quite alot from set to set?
:eek: I'd hate to see what a bad example looked like then. This looks bad enough to me.
PICKY737 said:
try the service menu to teak it.
This can invalidate your warranty so be careful. Would be worth getting an engineer in to have a look then tweak it via the service menu if you still choose to keep it and are not happy with what the engineer did. Who's to say the engineer didn't make those changes ;)

Dont check returns on the spot.It goes round the back and you're given your refund and you walk out the door.

PICKY737 said:
Dont check returns on the spot.It goes round the back and you're given your refund and you walk out the door.
True - although Curry's may not be the cheapest.

thanks for the pics,

the geometry problem is somewhat worrying.

does anyone know yet for sure what resolution/lines this tv can actually display? rather than inputs in can take.

cheers

im no av nerd but thoses cables he has pugged in look pretty dodgy to me, they even look dirty ? id like to see this in the shop, and with good quality cables too. regarding the geometry issues, if they're in the menu then im sure they can be tweaked.

the geometry problem is somewhat worrying

Definitely but whilst it's far from perfect, it's far superior to what the current Samsung slimfit is like. Sadly I don't think we'll see better geometry on a slimfit until the next model is released (if they even do one). Then there's the issue of being able to turn off all the digital processing via the service menu also.

The other defect of the old slimfit is still there too. The edges of the picture are blurred and streched due to the nature of the slim tube design.

What they need to do is make a non-slimfit HD CRT.

Just popped inton Comet in Milton Keynes enquiring about this set. At first they had know idea what i was on about, but eventually they got some info on it and found they had stock at there warehouse. So mine will be in my house this Thursday.

ok we want a full review with pics mate !

Here is another picture posted by another owner.

409avecdreamcast0to.jpg

Its also from a RGB source, the Dreamcast.

Guys,

While its worthwhile to have a detailed analysis, is the average punter going to notice the faults you’re identifying? (To be honest the pictures looked ok to me)

hmm, download limit exceeded

can anyone upload this again :lease:

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom