Humax HDCI 2000

stainway

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I've got it today.
My very first impressions:
HD channels like Astra HD looks stunning with HDMI.
DiseqC 1.2 is working :smashin:USALS I am not sure yet.
Picture Quality is fantastic-However if you watch SD channels via HDMI and up-scaled is not as good as 576p.With scart RGB gives perfect picture over the SD channels. I will try later with component. Switching between channels is acceptable fast.
Anyway HDMI is great with HD channels but less with SD channels.
I am using LG 42PX3RV

Have you had a chance to try it with the typical Sky position of 28.2? Any of the channels viewable at the moment?

stainway said:
Ok I've got it today.
Picture Quality is fantastic-However if you watch SD channels via HDMI and up-scaled is not as good as 576p.With scart RGB gives perfect picture over the SD channels. I will try later with component. Switching between channels is acceptable fast.
I am using LG 42PX3RV

Maybe my scart lead is not good enough, but I find SD upscaled to 720p via HDMI to be excellent, and much better than via scart. I end up viewing this way, even though the image is smaller on my TV (1:1 pixel matching therefore small borders around the picture) versus the 576p option which is full screen.

The only negative I can see (apart from the slightly smaller picture) is the presence of some solarisation on SD sources. It is sometimes there on HD, but far less noticeable.

So DiSecQ is working, then?

Come on Humax, give me my software upgrade...

willguyatt said:
Have you had a chance to try it with the typical Sky position of 28.2? Any of the channels viewable at the moment?

I am keeping an eye on the BBC channels via Astra 2. The channels named BBC TES, TES 2, TES 3, seem interesting. TES 3 has mainly the same as BBC 3, but the other 2 are not transmitting anything, as fas as I can see.

I will watch this kettle until it boils....

Tony B said:
Maybe my scart lead is not good enough, but I find SD upscaled to 720p via HDMI to be excellent, and much better than via scart. I end up viewing this way, even though the image is smaller on my TV (1:1 pixel matching therefore small borders around the picture) versus the 576p option which is full screen.

The only negative I can see (apart from the slightly smaller picture) is the presence of some solarisation on SD sources. It is sometimes there on HD, but far less noticeable.

So DiSecQ is working, then?

Come on Humax, give me my software upgrade...
Yep DiseqC 1.2 is working -a bit extra work to move and save positions then USALS,but anyway I can use my 18v rotor without extra box.
I don't get any solarisation on SD sources, but a bit of noise via the HDMI. The true HD channels are perfect via the HDMI-do you use the standard HDMI cable?

Ok USALS is also working so I am fully motorized :))))
HDMI actually gives very nice picture-I forgot to calibrate mine HDMI input-I never used before: suicide: So my Contrast was 100 etc.. I still have the impression that for SD channels best picture I get is with 576P, but this is probably due my EDTV plasma. I am very impressed by the Humax:clap:

stainway said:
Yep DiseqC 1.2 is working -a bit extra work to move and save positions then USALS,but anyway I can use my 18v rotor without extra box.
I don't get any solarisation on SD sources, but a bit of noise via the HDMI. The true HD channels are perfect via the HDMI-do you use the standard HDMI cable?

Interesting...no noise (that was not in the original) present via my HDMI. I am using the supplied cable. I bought another one (£40 odd) the other day, because the standard one does seem to be a bit sloppy in the Humax port. Unfortunately the new one is much longer around the plug area and will not fit into the available space at the TV end.

I am surprised you get noise via HDMI

Another week to wait for mine. Anyone please give me a few details like the channel capacity and if the 2000 actually decodes 4.2.2 which I doubt. How is it an improvement over the 1000 version ??

stainway said:
Ok I've got it today.
I am using LG 42PX3RV

You can't be getting the best quality though as your TV is only 852 x 480 res ?

RecordablDVDfan said:
You can't be getting the best quality though as your TV is only 852 x 480 res ?
Correction-HDMI looks stunning-I just had to calibrate my HDMI input-it was in Dynamic settings and SD channels were not that fine-now is looking great-much more depth and almost 3d looks like but indeed solarisation on SD sources. With Hi end Scart cable the SD sources looks perfect. I have also Topfield CI 5000 that was connected with component, so I had already perfect Picture on SD Channels. I am going to try 4.2.2 any idea which feed to try?

stainway said:
Correction-HDMI looks stunning-I just had to calibrate my HDMI input-it was in Dynamic settings and SD channels were not that fine-now is looking great-much more depth and almost 3d looks like but indeed solarisation on SD sources. With Hi end Scart cable the SD sources looks perfect. I have also Topfield CI 5000 that was connected with component, so I had already perfect Picture on SD Channels. I am going to try 4.2.2 any idea which feed to try?

Feeds on and off all the time, look at http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

Most 4.2.2 feeds on 7 west and 20 west (but only receivable every 12 hours for about 90 mins or so)

RecordablDVDfan said:
Feeds on and off all the time, look at http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

Most 4.2.2 feeds on 7 west and 20 west (but only receivable every 12 hours for about 90 mins or so)
Well I just tried the last one on the list-Eutelsat W2 (16.0°E)

Fréquence: 11189 - Pol: V - SR: 5700 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Boxe

Transmis en: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL)

Infos: Ko Tv (boxing magazine
but no signal at all.

stainway said:
Well I just tried the last one on the list-Eutelsat W2 (16.0°E)

Fréquence: 11189 - Pol: V - SR: 5700 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Boxe

Infos: Ko Tv (boxing magazine
but no signal at all.

You want to be looking at the first few making note of the time the feed info was posted, if more than 15 - 30 mins ago forget it, feed will most likely be gone. Also 4.2.0 is normal PAL FTA, look for any feed saying 4.2.2

8 west is another sat with BBC 4.2.2 feeds, if you are at home check around lunchtime plus around 6'ish for local / national news live reports etc

Unfortunately, with the current software, it can't decode mpeg 4:2:2.
Been trying it out this evening and must admit, the 1080i on my 'panny' PE30 looks stunning.

Regards
Joe.

joemack said:
Unfortunately, with the current software, it can't decode mpeg 4:2:2.
Been trying it out this evening and must admit, the 1080i on my 'panny' PE30 looks stunning.

Regards
Joe.

OK oh well did'nt think it would, maybe sometime later on with alternative s/w etc. What is the TV make / model you have ?

Panasonic TH37pe30. Won't take 720p so can't compare it with 1080i.

RecordablDVDfan said:

It's working:thumbsup: -I was just able to pick this one:
Eutelsat W2 (16.0°E)

Fréquence: 11171 - Pol: V - SR: 6111 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Football

Infos: Swedish football (Allsvenskan)
I am still watching it right now:clap:

stainway said:
It's working:thumbsup: -I was just able to pick this one:
Eutelsat W2 (16.0°E)

Fréquence: 11171 - Pol: V - SR: 6111 - FEC: 3/4

Catégorie: Sport - Football

Infos: Swedish football (Allsvenskan)
I am still watching it right now:clap:

No mate this is a 4.2.0 feed, you re watching a normal FTA feed NOT I repeat NOT a 4.2.2 feed ok ?! :hiya: :eek: :( :(

RecordablDVDfan said:
No mate this is a 4.2.0 feed, you re watching a normal FTA feed NOT I repeat NOT a 4.2.2 feed ok ?! :hiya: :eek: :( :(
OOPS...ok sorry had no idea:suicide:

willguyatt said:

For starters the Sky transponders listed on Lyngsat http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/28east.html are not in the default transponder list! Fair enough so I do a manual scan adding all of the correct parameters, it finds a good signal but no way will it download any channels :(

RecordablDVDfan said:
So can you tell me how many channels the 2000 stores ?
I also would like to know-there is nothing in the manual-I had yesterday 1800 TV channels and don't know how many radio-so it is at least 2000 channels-it has enough memory for more.

After a lot of playing with the HDCI 2000 I still think that the SD channels viewed via the HDMI are worse then via scart RGB. Why they don't let 576i signal via HDMI? 576p and up - scaling looks a bit blocky.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom