xbox handheld coming 2007? (NOT the Origami project)

they would have to step it up to steal the psps thunder. the psp has a camera, gps system and psone emulator coming out for it. so xbox have a challenge if they do make a handheld games console.

on the origami project, you can already order that on play.com its £799.99:eek:

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
they would have to step it up to steal the psps thunder. the psp has a camera, gps system and psone emulator coming out for it. so xbox have a challenge if they do make a handheld games console.

Hmm, if they managed to get some kind of mobile live thing going that would be very good. PDZ on mobile access, that would keep the commute to work interesting.

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:

I hadn't seen that one, got bored of checking the origami project thing. Just had a search of play.com for it http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=ELEC&title=923292#

£799.99:eek: Hmm, kind of reminds me of the Tapwave Zodiac, at that price I can see it going down the same road:suicide:

I'd be interested to see what M$ would come up with as a handheld though, it's a hard market to crack that's for sure, Ngage, Zodiac & Gizmondo are all recent reminders of that.

Tetlee said:
I hadn't seen that one, got bored of checking the origami project thing. Just had a search of play.com for it http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=ELEC&title=923292#

£799.99:eek: Hmm, kind of reminds me of the Tapwave Zodiac, at that price I can see it going down the same road:suicide:

I'd be interested to see what M$ would come up with as a handheld though, it's a hard market to crack that's for sure, Ngage, Zodiac & Gizmondo are all recent reminders of that.

Digital mobile tv though. If they had a recording facility off this as well, I might invest.

Mind you hardly use my psp and I have had it since launch. MP3 and a pillow is all i need for on the move :rotfl:

m40wen said:
Mind you hardly use my psp and I have had it since launch.

me niether but i am going to wait for the gps and psone emulator before selling. playing FF7 or metal gear solid on a psp might get me on it more:)

for the record why didnt sony put a simple phone into the psp?
it wouldnt of taken much and that would be cool! all your texting and phonecalls and gaming on the one device (n gage style i suppose, however much cooler)
not to mention open up the online potential

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
me niether but i am going to wait for the gps and psone emulator before selling. playing FF7 or metal gear solid on a psp might get me on it more:)

Hang on, missed the emulator. Does this mean some kind of disc drive for it, or copying onto a memory stick? If the former, its hardly portable!

Though if they bring a tv adapter (freeview) I would pay for that :lease:

m40wen said:
Hang on, missed the emulator. Does this mean some kind of disc drive for it, or copying onto a memory stick? If the former, its hardly portable!

Though if they bring a tv adapter (freeview) I would pay for that :lease:

not sure, there is a thread about it in the psp forum so give that a read.

krismc said:
for the record why didnt sony put a simple phone into the psp?
it wouldnt of taken much and that would be cool! all your texting and phonecalls and gaming on the one device (n gage style i suppose, however much cooler)
not to mention open up the online potential

Its called an n-gage.

But i guess cost and the fact that its already got a load of stuff packed into a very sexy case.

Tetlee said:

At the end of the day, the Origami is a fully featured PC running XP Tablet, so £799 is a really good price. other 'ultra mobile PCs' are still around the £1k mark.

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
not sure, there is a thread about it in the psp forum so give that a read.

And go out of the safety of the 360 forum? There are scary men with beards on some of these topics... :D

m40wen said:
And go out of the safety of the 360 forum? There are scary men with beards on some of these topics... :D

baby steps.....take baby steps. make sure you dont venture outside the gaming forums just yet:D

m40wen said:

:rotfl:

m40wen said:
Its called an n-gage.

thats like when sony were planning the psp and someone came up with the idea some rodney at the back saying there allready is one its called "gameboy"

krismc said:
thats like when sony were planning the psp and someone came up with the idea some rodney at the back saying there allready is one its called "gameboy"

Hmm actually its nothing like that.

The comment was that a mobile phone element should be included. My point was that there is always some thing extra. At the end of the day its a games console, not a phone.

so whats an ngage?

krismc said:
so whats an ngage?

Is a phone shaped like a handheld console made by Nokia. Problem? Not a decent phone, nor a decent console!

I cant see anyone wanting aphone element if it had an adverse affect on the games.

krismc said:
so whats an ngage?

What I'd class as one of the most overlooked, criminaly underated true mobile gaming devices. I'm still playing Pathway to Glory Isuka Islands now, classic mobile gaming!

I mean although it does have it's shortfalls but at least it fits in your pocket.

What I don't understand is how MS can take on both the iPod and the PSP with one device. If they try taking on the psp, then the device will just be too big to compete with the iPod, but if they try taking on apple, they'd have to compremise on a few things to make is small enough to compete with the iPod.

m40wen said:
Is a phone shaped like a handheld console made by Nokia. Problem? Not a decent phone, nor a decent console!

I cant see anyone wanting aphone element if it had an adverse affect on the games.
i agree its a phone that looks a bit like a games console, its a game console that looks like a phone, but its not good as either one. IMO a phone and handheld games console should be kept apart.

was just asking coz u were the one that mentioned it, so phone capabilities built into the psp would be good then coz it may be a basic phone but a very good portable games machine thus better than the n gage and therefore something new to the market!

m40wen said:

But that's the shame of it, there are loads of great games for the ngage, it's just that they came to late in the handhelds life.

Pathway to Glory
Pathway to Glory Isuka Islands
High Seige
Mile High Pinball
One
& more promising games on the way such as Civilisation, Rifts etc.

It's a shame Nokia couldn't have put those titles out earlier, they might have had a chance of finding their own corner in the market.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom