Cod2 & Avmembers

signs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello All! We seem to have a slight problem on the tweeked 30 mins games.
If 8 players are already playing and somebody tries to (join game in session) Through no fault of your own, (You don't know how many people are playing) it's letting the people in and causing some serious lag.
As a short term fix (might work) howabout if you want to join a game send somebody already playing a voice message and then wait to be invited in if there's enough room to get you in. What do you think?
Cheers
Signs

If all players are uk is 8 the max we can get in? Im sure we have had more than that in? as to the above seems fair enough that or join and if it lags last one leaves:confused:

Playing COD 2 online seems like a black art.

csd7025 said:
If all players are uk is 8 the max we can get in? Im sure we have had more than that in? as to the above seems fair enough that or join and if it lags last one leaves:confused:

The problem is that some people don't leave when it lags and wait for other people to drop out or they try to keep joining.
As soon as you connect hit the back button and it will tell you how many people are playing, ping etc
I'll admit though the lag sometimes seems completely random even with all uk players.
It also seems to help if your computer is switched off when playing

kidgloves said:
The problem is that some people don't leave when it lags and wait for other people to drop out or they try to keep joining.

This is one thing that does anoy me. You could be having a great lag free game and in jumps a player form the US and lags the whole game out, people ask them to leave and they dont. Meaning everyone else has a unplayable game. Selfish if you ask me. :mad:

why not maybe as an idea no one kills each other for the first 2 mins of the game and everyone sets their online status to offline while playing, then no one can see that they are in playing a game and wont be joinable

Waplord said:
why not maybe as an idea no one kills each other for the first 2 mins of the game and everyone sets their online status to offline while playing, then no one can see that they are in playing a game and wont be joinable

That is a GREAT idea Waplord

We also need to make sure that everyone is on each others friends list, so we can see who's on.

If there's room in the lobby/game we always use the friends list to send out more invites.

If you try to join and don't get in first time then don't keep trying, let us send an invite if there's room or it will lag.

I seemed to get the worst lag and i have now replaced a faulty cable to clear it up but i think also, that a lot of members are following my profile and trying to connect to the game all the time, which is also not helping!:(

Rule of thumb i think is make sure you are on the friends lists, if not send a request!:lesson:

It looks like we can now select what map and duration but not the type of game , which seems to be random, so we can discuss what maps we would like to play etc...

I should be on tnight around 9ish to host again so we can get a few games going for everyone!:thumbsup:

Dr HTPC said:
We also need to make sure that everyone is on each others friends list, so we can see who's on.

If there's room in the lobby/game we always use the friends list to send out more invites.

If you try to join and don't get in first time then don't keep trying, let us send an invite if there's room or it will lag.

I seemed to get the worst lag and i have now replaced a faulty cable to clear it up but i think also, that a lot of members are following my profile and trying to connect to the game all the time, which is also not helping!:(

Rule of thumb i think is make sure you are on the friends lists, if not send a request!:lesson:

It looks like we can now select what map, game type and duration, so we can discuss what maps we would like to play etc...

I should be on tnight around 9ish to host again so we can get a few games going for everyone!:thumbsup:

might be on for an hour or so tonight, see you then:smashin:

Waplord said:

This will only stop freinds being able to see you. The outsiders (yanks) will still join because they come in through quick game :(

phunt said:
This will only stop freinds being able to see you. The outsiders (yanks) will still join because they come in through quick game :(
for gods sake don't mention the yanks.. mal might still be online:D ...are you sure they can still get in the game this way? i thought the xbox will see there are eight players and not let any more in .i've not yet had a "standard" game with more than eight players.

The appearing offline thing worked really well last night.
Of course half the problem is getting the lobby full of members in the 1st place before other people jump in. The 2 times we managed to get members only in the lobby we had uninterrupted games (appearing offline) with an average ping of 60-70.
The S & D match at Brecort was fantastic, really tense.
No-one can join once the game has started unless they join through a gamertag and there is less chance if you appear offline.

And yes there was a classic yank/jazz monkey lobby standoff. :clap:

kidgloves said:
The appearing offline thing worked really well last night.
Of course half the problem is getting the lobby full of members in the 1st place before other people jump in. The 2 times we managed to get members only in the lobby we had uninterrupted games (appearing offline) with an average ping of 60-70.
The S & D match at Brecort was fantastic, really tense.
No-one can join once the game has started unless they join through a gamertag and there is less chance if you appear offline.

And yes there was a classic yank/jazz monkey lobby standoff. :clap:

I wasn't on the forum yesterday so I didn't realise that we were supposed to be changing the online staus at first. Changing the status in the lobby before we started worked fine.

Did anyone notice that the guy who wouldn't leave the lobby from the US before the Burgandy HQ match, after all the shouting, arguing and complaints being filed he joined the game half way through nice as pie.

The S&D match at Brecort was good but you looked like you were enjoying that Cow's company a bit too much.:D

stewartpaterson said:
Sounds like I missed a Cracker :(

You wouldn't have enjoyed it Diga. It involved standing still for long periods of time :D

Is there anyway of doing a search and destroy game using the "glitch" method because every time I have attempted it and choose search and destroy it seems to start up a team deathmatch or a different gametype :(

Short answer - No
You can only select the map and change the modifiers - time, kills etc

Well if we used that Xlink program It'd work.

But the Sub 50 pings required would be too much to ask.

So no.

Zeronic said:
Is there anyway of doing a search and destroy game using the "glitch" method because every time I have attempted it and choose search and destroy it seems to start up a team deathmatch or a different gametype :(
in that case whoever is hosting can you please choose headquarters ..I HATE IT..:D

signs said:
in that case whoever is hosting can you please choose headquarters ..I HATE IT..:D

Ah i wasn't too fond of it at first but its a nice challenge and is a nice change to TDM :cool:

I still don't get how you know what one it goes to though?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom