best freeview receiver??

S

shugg

hello all - its been a year since i returned my thompson dhd4000, due to crap aerial reception, but that's fixed now. So which is the best freeview with a hard drive recorder out there? has a new kid on the block arrived? ta in advance shugg:smashin:

I get the impression its a straight battle between the Topfield 5800 and the Humax 9200. I don't have either so I couldn't give you an opinion on them but over on digitalspy.co.uk's forums there's often battles between the fans of the two boxes.

The Topfield won out in the end for me - mainly because I can download and install add-on programs or improvements but also because although I don't know the name, they have been in the game for a while in Australia which should help with reliability.

It might cost just a little more than the Humax but I reckon it's worth it... mine was only £250 from Superfi

So far, I couldn't be happier with it but it has only been a few days :)

I've got a Humax pvr-8000t. The picture quality is very good while viewing freeview directly and from a recording. It's very easy to upgrade the hd to 300mb and it costs around £120. Very impressed with it, i've recently got a new tv with freeview built in and its hopeless in comparison. Humax regularly upgrade firmware as well so customer support is good to. EPG works brilliantly you can search the 7 day guide for say top gear or for all movie and it work quickly as well. Very quality and value for money.

DisposableHeros said:
It's very easy to upgrade the hd to 300mb and it costs around £120.

Wow, £400 a gigabyte, bargain :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom