Anybody have experience of Importmadness.com?

R

rileyj

Does anybody have experience of ordering games from this company? I ask because I still haven't received the games I ordered from them on December 10th and they haven't replied to the three emails I've sent since. They were very prompt when it came to charging my credit card though. :(

I ordered a DVD from IM.com on 14th Dec - it was meant to be a Christmas present - but it never arrived, despite the payment being taken on the 16th!

The email confirmation sent out said that the item was shipped on the same date, but when nothing arrived as expected, I got to looking closely at the website to see that there was actually no way to telephone them, just a bunch of email addresses, which didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling at all!! I 'Googled' the vendor and was alarmed to see a number of chat forums advising customers not to use this site. So I then sent my first emailed enquiry. I have emailed 3 times now and have yet to receive and acknowledgement or reply!

There appears to be some info on where this company is based. I have found an address which isn't registed in Canada as a company, but I did look in the Canadian yellow pages online and there was a private number and a name associated with that address as well as links to another AV supplies store.

I am not sure as to the legal ramifications of posting that sort of stuff here....perhaps someone more experienced knows....? I am happy to share what I have...

I figured out today that I paid via Worldpay to some company called Swift Media Ltd. And realised I could escalate my issue via Worldpay who are part of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. They commit to contacting the vendor for you and if no reply after 5 days then to contact your credit card company. <http://www.worldpay.com/shopper/index.php?page=escalation>

I hope the saga ends satisfactorily.....time will tell....
:thumbsdow

I would avoid this company for any potential customers, I have only heard unpleasant things about them &#8211; particularly the lack of communication.

Well I have had the same problems BUT!! I sent this not so polite email...

Hello

I placed an order with yourself on the 30th September and I am very disapointed in the service. I paid for fed ex 2-3 day shipping and I have yet to receive my item. The money went out of my account on 3rd October.

My order number is XXXXXX and my product ID is XXXXX.

I would like a refund or my item to be with me in the next 7 days otherwise I will be forced to commence legal action

Regards

XXXXX

And low and behold 6 days later I received an email from Swift Media LTD with my fed-ex shipping number..... goes to show... if you put a little pressure on they have to come through... hehe

Which email address was that sent to? Was it sent to one of the import madness emails or Swift Media emails? Please let me know soon I have lost money!

Thanks

I have had countless bad experiences with them, latest with my wii order 2 weeks ago. This tme luckily they didnt draw the money yet which they used to all other times I ordered from them. We should really commence legal action towards them, this is no way near acceptable, and i'm sure the lawinforcement will agree.

Avoid this company like the plague.
My son is having problems and it seems that they have been getting away with this for some time; he was charged for a game on 16th February 2007 which has still to materialise, despite having e-mailed 3 addresses at Import Madness and trying to phone them.

I've sent an e-mail threatening legal action but I don't expect to hear anything further from them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom