reciever AVR1905 POOR DVD SOUND

M

monk_d_syple

hI,

I sent out a thread not long ago concerning sound problems on my avr1905, linked to b&w 600 series speakers 5.1. Using mono amps for each speaker (music fidelity). I strictly use the 1905 for processing and not amping. Now my point. Every movie I play I have serious difficulty hearing the dialogue. Soundtrack is fine. The sound I get is a bassy, messy sound. I have to really focus to get the words said and even then I understand 60%. I've done everything possible on the 1905, i think. ch. db increase, bass reduction, treble increase (problem with this is dialogue although less bassy, gets more distorted) etc. Also when I play music thru the dvd 1910 I get a bassy sound. So my question is, is it the receiver, or the b&w 600 speakers? I use the lcr60 s3 cntr speaker and the 602 5 s3 L & R spkrs. A supposed technician from the place i bought the spkrs + receiver came to check out my setup and said it was fine. He said that my dialogue problem comes from the emptiness from my flat (echoe). But would this create a very bassy sound even with music? Anyone have a clue? Appreiciate

Have you got DRC turned on in the 1910? if so turn it off. Or vice versa, see if it helps.

Have you got any soft furnishings in the room or is it in the main bear walls and wooden floors, no curtains etc?

The DRC on the 1910? Don't know what that is but I will check. Yes I do have sort of a bear room. Plain walls and wooden floor. I'm planning to carpet the rooms etc. Should help a bit. I'll keep you posted with the DRC issue. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom