Toshiba RDXS34 to Panasonic EH60D

A

ABP

I have now sold my RDXS34 due to the fan noise and speed to start. I am now starting to regret my decision.

I thought I would go for the Panasonic EH60D due to large HDD and Freeview tuner... However... The editing ability by comparison looks decidedly poor.

Looking in the manual I cannot see how you can automatically (pressing 1 button and applying to the whole recording) apply Chapters to a HDD recording after the recording has taken place?

Also is it possible to merge all of the chapters and then re apply them at a different frequency?

Can I make a Playlist from different recordings and save them as a new recording (Edit together a series of programmes removing the adverts and recorder over different weeks)?

I have other questions but these are the main ones.

Many thanks

AB-P

I haven't used the EH60D, my answers are based on the E85. But Pannys are fairly consistent from one model to another.

Looking in the manual I cannot see how you can automatically (pressing 1 button and applying to the whole recording) apply Chapters to a HDD recording after the recording has taken place?
You can't do this.

You can create chapters on the HDD manually, one at a time. Auto chaptering only occurs when you dub at normal speed to a DVD-R and finalize (may also apply to DVD-R/W in the EH60D?).

Also is it possible to merge all of the chapters and then re apply them at a different frequency?
Not all at once.

You can merge two consecutive chapters. So you can merge them all, doing it two at a time.

Can I make a Playlist from different recordings and save them as a new recording (Edit together a series of programmes removing the adverts and recorder over different weeks)?
Yes. A playlist can contain extracts from multiple recordings. When you dub a playlist, a new title is created.

You can't dub from the HDD to the HDD, but you can high speed dub a playlist on the HDD to a DVD-RAM, then high speed dub the resulting title back to the HDD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom