Pioneer DV-575 and unofficial firmwares

flangemonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Picked up one of these beauties over the weekend, and have been reading all about the various unofficial and hacked firmwares here

Now there is a comparison chart on there, highlighting the differences between the various ones, but I wanted to drop in here to ask the general consensus from actual users of the machine as to which they feel is the best.

I assume that I can burn each to a seperate CDR and try them all out on the player?

I should assume that re-flashing multiple times isn't going to harm the deck?

I'm particularly interested in those that include the "black level" function since my machine running the official 2.09 firmware cannot display the drop-shadow on the THX logo for instance...

Any thoughts?

flangemonkey said:
Picked up one of these beauties over the weekend, and have been reading all about the various unofficial and hacked firmwares here

Now there is a comparison chart on there, highlighting the differences between the various ones, but I wanted to drop in here to ask the general consensus from actual users of the machine as to which they feel is the best.
Go with Gufiak or Foncreator.
I assume that I can burn each to a seperate CDR and try them all out on the player?
Yes, use a CD-RW if you can.
I should assume that re-flashing multiple times isn't going to harm the deck?
No problem with re-flashing many times.

I'm particularly interested in those that include the "black level" function since my machine running the official 2.09 firmware cannot display the drop-shadow on the THX logo for instance...
Both Gufiak and Foncreator has the black level setting but Foncreator
has it under Video settings whereas Gufiak has it under Initial Settings.
That means that you have to stop your dvd if you want to change
it with Gufiak's. With Foncreator's, it is simpler to change.
No biggie since you probably don't want/need to change it that often...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom