ordered my yamaha rx-v657

mystic_bertie

Ex Member
Reaction score
after much research and thought i have ordered a yamaha rxv657.

www.technikdirekt.de got it here for 391 euro inc delivery so should work out around £265 plus a wee bit for currency exchange.

i hope i have made a good choice, i did put up a few post but not much response so my decision was based on the searching i did on here, i hope i have picked one of the better amps you can buy for around this price.

now my thoughts are to buy the MS premier plus system

will the power rating of the amp and these speakers be a good match, is there any concerns here?

when i go to order my speakers what should i try and get included?
lots of speaker cable and a sub interconnect?

:thumbsup:

Are there any potential problems with ordering from Germany? Are they exactly the same spec as in the UK? What about warrantees etc?

I only ask as I'm looking to get exactly that receiver (and, incidentally have just bought the MS premier system :))

Best place for the speakers, I found at least, is to go to Peter Tyson and then get Richer Sounds to beat them. That way, though I didn't get the plus, I got the premier (with 2 extra MS302s to make it 7.1) with 40m of speaker cable and a cambridge audio sub interconnect for £380!

I have ordered the same model from the same supplier in Germany. Usually you have to wait around 30 days for delivery, if the unit is not immediately available in stock. The RX-V657 is an excellent choice and I am very much impressed by its performance so far.

The only problem is that Yamahas do not ship with any warranty at all, just an operating manual. So in case of trouble Yamaha UK would could refuse servicing the unit, and you would have to return it to the original seller for service, that is shipping back to Germany. (there is a post somewhere that a prospective buyer called Yamaha UK and got the answer that they will not service non UK dealer purchased items). According to EU laws enforcable in Germany you are entitled to 2 years warranty. For all purposes keep your proof of purchase handy at all times.

ab1385 said:
Are there any potential problems with ordering from Germany? Are they exactly the same spec as in the UK? What about warrantees etc?

I only ask as I'm looking to get exactly that receiver (and, incidentally have just bought the MS premier system :))

Best place for the speakers, I found at least, is to go to Peter Tyson and then get Richer Sounds to beat them. That way, though I didn't get the plus, I got the premier (with 2 extra MS302s to make it 7.1) with 40m of speaker cable and a cambridge audio sub interconnect for £380!

after researching it the power cable is the thing you need change that is all, either cut plug off and fit a uk plug or if its a removable cable swap it for the kette type cable.

i saw the speakers at hificonfidential for £380 for the premier plus and £250 for the premier, i want the plus package for the better subwoofer. im not going 7.1 for now as i think a 5.1 system will do for me just now.

gnikolaidis said:
I have ordered the same model from the same supplier in Germany. Usually you have to wait around 30 days for delivery, if the unit is not immediately available in stock. The RX-V657 is an excellent choice and I am very much impressed by its performance so far.

The only problem is that Yamahas do not ship with any warranty at all, just an operating manual. So in case of trouble Yamaha UK would could refuse servicing the unit, and you would have to return it to the original seller for service, that is shipping back to Germany. (there is a post somewhere that a prospective buyer called Yamaha UK and got the answer that they will not service non UK dealer purchased items). According to EU laws enforcable in Germany you are entitled to 2 years warranty. For all purposes keep your proof of purchase handy at all times.

jings i never realised delivery took so long, i would rather buy elsewhere than wait that long, i will need to email them to find out when i will recieve my amp.
i never knew about the warranty i assumed a european warranty was good in the uk, it would be bad having to return it to germany yikes.

thanks for the info i just hope it turns up soon i would rather buy from uk than wait that long

ab1385

how do you find the MS premier package and what do you have it hooked up to at the moment?

im hoping my new amp and speakers will be miles better than my current sony all in 1 davs 880.

got a email from the comapny which seems to translate that item has been sent.

another chap from a car audio forum told me he managed to 'sweet talk' yamaha uk into doing a warranty repair on his imported unit so maybe all is not lost.

wahey :rotfl:

arrived today, not bad at all 2 days to get here and at a cost of 22 euro, feekin marvellous :smashin:

will have to wit till tomorrow to set it up though :cool:

but need to get onto richersounds now and see if they will have the speakers i want in stock :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom