Internetdirect - was Internetcamerasdirect

JSW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with them ??

Ordered a Camera kit 2 weeks ago (27th July) even tho it said 2 - 8 days for the camera I was not in a hurry and waiting 8 days isnt a problem.
The other items where in stock, mem cards and card reader.

14 Days later it still says 2 - 8 days

I emailed them on the 9th August and got a reply on the 10th acknowledgeing my email and saying that It will be dealt with asap.
Nothing yet !!

Tried ringing them for past 3 days and phone is permanantly engaged (off the hook no doubt)

They took payment the day I ordered !!!!

Should I get in touch with my CC company and stop the payment ??

http://www.internetdirect.co.uk/photo/exilimexz750.htm

Cheers
Bry

From companies house website:-

Been trading 17 months and overdue in filing it's accounts if I read it right

Name & Registered Office:
INTERNETDIRECT.CO.UK LIMITED
UNIT 14 NEW MILL BROUGHAM ROAD
MARSDEN
HUDDERSFIELD
WEST YORKSHIRE HD7 6AZ
Company No. 05030526

Date of Incorporation: 30/01/2004
Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
5261 - Retail sale via mail order houses
5263 - Other non-store retail sale

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NONE AVAILABLE)
Next Accounts Due: 31/05/2005 OVERDUE
Last Return Made Up To: 30/01/2005
Next Return Due: 27/02/2006

Last Members List: 30/01/2005

Previous Names:
Date of change Previous Name
02/03/2004 PINCO 2083 LIMITED

They filed for insolvency in Feb 2004 but luckily for 35 employees they where bought out and there jobs saved.

Hope theyre not going through a repeat of it.

Will my CC company refund me if I dont get any goods ?

Thanks

I've used them a number of times (most recently about 1 year ago) and they've always been very good. Delivery was always next day. I also know about 5 or 6 other people that have bought cameras from them without problem.
Companies often put wait times on purchases because they don't have the stock in. It's possible that they are just having delays themselves getting the stock that you ordered.
It's a bit worrying though that they've previously filed for insolvency and are not answering their phone.
Maybe call the cc company and get some advice from them.

Matt.

I have used them in the past too which is why its the first place I check as theyre usually the cheapest by a margin.

Panic over I received an email apologising for the late reply. They are extremely busy with it being the Holiday season. (insert dont have enough staff to cope here) the camera I have ordered is due in the next 7 - 10 days.

Cheers

I tried ordering a digital camera and a camcorder but the webshite wasn't working properly. I then had a call from Barclaycard fraud department informing me that 3 payments have been debited from my card all for exactly the same amount *GULP* This was obviously an error and I was to take this up with interndirect.

No answer to my e-mails and I couldn't get through on the telephone. I then faxed a letter and sent the same letter by recorded delivery asking for this to be sorted out. I tracked the letter on Royal Mails website and after 2 days was still not signed for.

I then decided to search Companies House and also seen that they were late filing accounts so I got a list of the directors and decided to phone them to see what on earth was going on.

I got hold of the managing director straight away and to be fair he voided all 3 of my credit card transactions as I no longer wanted to purchase from this company as I was by now feeling very nervous about ordering from them. By the way, the recorded delivery has still not been signed for. It also appears that they are moving their operation to France.

If you are having any problems with this company I suggest you contact the managing director, Gary England on 01484 845193 or 01484 848872, these telephone numbers are normally answered straight away.

The prices quoted on internetdireect are very competitive but I could personally do without the hassle and have now placed my order with Amazon who also do some good prices.

Good luck

On the nomatica site under contact us, it says they will only answer email queries, not telephone or fax, due to holidays.

Guess they have all gone away together!

Used previously and they were fine, but awaiting an order currently, of which I have only recieved part, and they are proving impossible to contact. Not impressed :thumbsdow

Had no problem a month ago. There is always a a potential for problems with new, fast growing, low margin distibution companies. Because they get credit from suppliers, but don't give credit to customers, they can continue growing while losing money. But my experience is that ICD seem fairly competent despite the growth.

Failure to answer phones or emails with a human is unfortunately neccessary to keep the prices low. Provided the operation is well managed, and you buy with a credit card, I don't think the risks are too bad.

father alice said:
On the nomatica site under contact us, it says they will only answer email queries, not telephone or fax, due to holidays.

Guess they have all gone away together!

Used previously and they were fine, but awaiting an order currently, of which I have only recieved part, and they are proving impossible to contact. Not impressed :thumbsdow

PM'd you email address where you should get a response a lot quicker.

Hope that helps.

Well had enough of waiting no camera after a month is a joke.
Cancelled order and received confirmation my order has been cancelled via email from nomatica.com and my money would be refunded.
A week later still no refund !! so have spoke to CC company who have put the money back into my account and will deal with internet direct :thumbsup:

Orderd the same Camera from Pixmania and it was despatched today via DHL :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom