Pioneer 530 - £260 from lxdirect

GadgetObsessed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just received a Pioneer 530 from lxdirect for £270. However, you can get it for even less than I paid. I think this is great value for a DVD recorder with 160Gb HDD, dual layer DVD-R and XP+ recording, STB control, DVin, Guide Plus+ EPG, MP3 jukebox (can only encode CDs - cannot copy MP3s to HDD,) etc,

If you are interested go to:
www.lxdirect.com

and search for product code PQ1336.

The normal price is £300 but you can get 10% off using the following code - XX169. You can get another £10 off (possibly gives free delivery as well) by using code ZG8479. Note that the vouchers show up as soon as you enter them but confusingly the total price does not change till you reach the final payment page.

These voucher codes come from here:
http://www.pricedash.com/VoucherDash.aspx?ProductType=Furniture

Some people have reported that the code xx5555 eneters you into a prize draw.

Bumping as a couple of people in other threads have asked about the codes....

They are out of stock at the moment which is a shame.
Lets hope they have them in stock soon.

the site says it's in stock. Was you told by lx that it is out of stock? gary - re the code xx169. Would i type it as is, or replace the xx with any other letters? Thanks

"...replace the xx with any other letters?..."

sorry that should've been numbers

No replacements it is "XX169" - have a look at the website in the first post on this thread.

garydhooper said:
No replacements it is "XX169"

Just for the record, that code doesn't seem to work any more... I just tried to buy one using it.

And they're definitely out of stock. Says in stock on the "outside" of the site but after you've entered all your details and head for delivery options they 'fess up to the fact the larder's empty.

Andrew McP

I assume that the voucher has now expired - looks like I got in just in time.

It may be worth searching the web for other voucher codes there seem to be a load of web sites listing discount codes for lxdirect. Perhaps there is a new 10% off code.

Grrr , I'm well p1ssed off! Put the order in on Friday with the 10% off code, (£10 code was rejected), rang up today as I've had no emails and found my card was rejected!
Tried entering today and yes, the effing discount codes don't work!!!!!

(Any yes, they are out of stock for their Internet site).

garydhooper said:
I assume that the voucher has now expired - looks like I got in just in time.

It may be worth searching the web for other voucher codes there seem to be a load of web sites listing discount codes for lxdirect. Perhaps there is a new 10% off code.

Try XX484, (once they have stock again).

Great features but I still have to see a review about the recorded image quality before buying it.

JoseD - I have been very impressed with the recorded PQ on the Pioneer 530.

So far I have only recorded in SP mode - 2 hours per single layer DVD. In SP the recorded PQ is virtually indestinguishable from the original. The only difference that I have noticed is that there is more MPEG blocking with very fast changes on screen - for example when a picture fades quickly. You may notice this more with fast panning video such as football.

Does anyone knows if it's possible to send the MPEG2 stream recorded on HD with XP+ (or other) to a PC via Firewire ? That would be a killer function for those who are into video editing.

@garydhooper
That's great, I suppose XP, and XP+ are a blast then..

But how does the quality compare to a Panasonic or a Sony? Has anyone compared them? I can't wait to read a review on this.
Not that I'll buy it, I'll probably wait for a version with FreeView and the same features, but I'll know the quality will be the same.

I remember reading a comment by Rasczak that up to SP mode (2 hrs per DVD) there is very little to choose between the recording quality of the well known makes such as Pioneer, Sony and Panasonic. The real difference is in the recording modes over 2 hours. So for example the new Panasonic range can record in full DVD resolution up to 4 hours, Pioneer does up to 3.5 hours and the Sony I believe is 3 hours. For me this is somewhat irrelevant as I don't ever want to record at less than SP. To me quality is more important so the ability of the new Pioneer and Sony models to record in XP+ (higher than prerecorded DVD bit rate) and record to dual layer DVD-R (nearly 4 hours at SP on a single disk) is of more interest than better quality long time recordings.

JoseD - From a mini review of the Pioneer 530 within Rasczaks excellent Which DVD Recorder guide at:
http://www.btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/whichdvd.HTML

"The recorded picture quality is good - arguably one of the best (although the Panasonic range is marginally superior)."

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom