Samsung LE32R41B

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one yet ? Thoughts, etc ?

Are these new out, as Samsung website has very little info on it...?

Dabs are selling them for ~£975, so looks good value too :)

bloomin' eck !
That looks a bit of a bargain........./me goes and checks credit card balance :rotfl:

EDIT - found the specs (it is HDTV ready !) :

Specification:
Picture Freeze TBC
Luminance(cd/m2) 500
Colour Tone Control MCC: 3 Colours
Surround Sound SRS TruSurround XT
OSG TBC
Language TBC
Split Screen TBC
Blue Screen TBC
Aspect Ratio 16:9
PC Input D Sub 15 Pin
Stereo/Mono Stereo/A2
Power Consumption On Mode 184W, Stand-by <1W, Annual 275.9kWh
Teletext 1000 Pages
Viewing angle(H:V) 170/170 degrees
Scan System TBC
Standby Consumption <1W
Power Source (AC) Built In AC 220-240V
Dimensions WxHxD (W x H x D) with stand (mm): 797 x 650.7 x 249
Resolution 1366 x 768
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Weight (Kg) 17.7 Kg
Viewable Area 32 Inch 83cm
Digital Comb Filter TBC
Sound Output (Watts) 10W x 2
Picture in Picture 1 Tuner PIP
Connections HDMI, Scart x 2, Component, Video In, S-Video, D-Sub, PC Audio, Headphone
VESA Compliant 200 x 200 (mm)
Plug and Play setup Yes

all im waiting for now is some1 to confirm the latency on the screen, is it 25ms/16ms or as ive seen in 1 place 12ms!?!

but yeah emp direct is a bargain

Just caved in and ordered one!

fragmaster said:
all im waiting for now is some1 to confirm the latency on the screen, is it 25ms/16ms or as ive seen in 1 place 12ms!?!

but yeah emp direct is a bargain

£796.71 with delivery is very good , I just got the Tevion 32" from Aldi :thumbsdow , now do I take that back and go for one of these for about £50 more than the Tevion :D
also one site said 16ms :smashin:

Roost said:
Just caved in and ordered one!

was just about to pm u on ntsc-uk and tell u about the bargain as i just saw your post about looking at the 26" one the "post your gaming setup" page.

give us a review when it arrives and any chance of some piccies of the consoles in action as im hoping to order one myself come july

regards
Jason

It must be a very new set, no info at all on Samsungs UK or Australian site ? I have a PDF being sent to me soon from Waratah.co.uk. I'll post any info not posted above soon !

This is a real bargain but I'm worried that the Empire price may be an error ?

:rolleyes:

I would be inclined to agree as its £200 cheaper than anywhere else i can see that have them, Roost should be able to confirm the price when his order is processed.

Dont want to buy just yet as i want to see some1's report on the screen 1st, but grrrr i dont wanna miss a bargain!!

regards
jason

I thought it was an error but according to my wife (they rang her at home) my order has been accepted and it should be delivered tomorrow. I think this is just the start of the new factories coming on line and driving the prices down at an even greater rate. I'm sure all the other manufacturers will now follow suit if they want market share. The price on the 26" screen is a bargain as well and I'm tempted to get one for the bedroom!

Went in to Currys today and they had the new freeview version in (LE32R51B) and it was £1199 :D

fragmaster said:
grrrr i dont wanna miss a bargain!!

I hear you man, I hear you ;)
I love the look of this screen as well, really stunning, let's hope the PQ is as good eh ?

:thumbsup:

but im sposed to be paying my cc off!!!

OK the PDF is an official Samsung 2005 TV Brochure. It lists the same spec as above but does not mention the latency. The set also has a brother called the LE32R41BD which is the same set but with a built in Freeview Box.

This is really annoying, I want to order now before the price rises but if its laggy or smeary I dont want it !

Anyone care to ring Samsung for the answer (my job precludes it) ?

:confused:

fragmaster - think of all the cheap nights in you could have watching your new LCD screen, you'll soon have the credit card paid off :)

all u buggers ordering them, it will be out of stock by the time i do it :( last time i post a link up..................

only kidding, dont forget piccies and feedback to the lucky ones getting in the next few days :)

The latency is supposedly 12ms.

Something you might find useful:

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/...e=N&oid=74778&cntType=UM&cntId=248249&lang=EN

The manual for the AMERICAN equivalent version (so ignore the stuff about V-chip etc) - this does show that the TV allows for individual tweaking of the colours (pink, green, blue).

I've just ordered one. Wow. I'll tell you all what I think!
Also if this turns out to be a dud (which seems very unlikely), I do have 8 days to return it via the Long Distance Selling Regulations I believe.

smartn said:
fragmaster - think of all the cheap nights in you could have watching your new LCD screen, you'll soon have the credit card paid off :)

ive just sold a sanyo z2 / screen and loads of dvds to help pay it off, my wife would kill me if i order 1 with that money, thought 12m int free is tempting

Course i'll take some pics of it frag :)

Got the Xb going in via component, gc via component and dc via vga so should look pretty good :)

Hi

For those that have recieved theirs can you answer whether the tv can handle football??

I took my Tevion 32" back as it couldn't.

Also pics would be great :thumbsup:

Glad you can take pics Roost, I'd take some myself, but I just sold a digital camera and now it looks like I won't have another for a while :)

southpaw said:
Hi

For those that have recieved theirs can you answer whether the tv can handle football??

I took my Tevion 32" back as it couldn't.

Also pics would be great :thumbsup:

Might take my Tevion 32" back as the Tv PQ is not the best :smashin: . If I take back might go for one of these

:D

I glanced through the 65 page manual (linked previously). On page 60ish there is a specification this details display resolutions, 1360x768 max, but also stays DVI does not support PC.

This could be a typo, or a problem if you want to get the best out of the screen with WMVHD movies.

Thanks to Fragmaster for the price info at Empire Direct. I have just ordered one at £761.02 + £34.99 delivery and will post again when I receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom