Snazio HD network ready DVD player.

Rad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I recieved this today from Snazio* regarding thier new Net DVD Cinema HD.

The guy said it will be released in 2 weeks time, looks the dogs b@ll@x to me.

Any thoughts ??

Cheers,
Richard.

Attachments

• SnaZio Cinema Series Spec 1-06.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,663
Itunes and Internet radio also work with this. Had confirmation emails from Snazio today.

Cheers

Rich

Any idea of the price ?

Here's the price he quoted me:

The price & shipping charges are stated as below:
SZ1350 - US$399
Shipping via Fedex(UK) - US$30

Total - US$429
That's about £225

I also asked about upscaling normal DVD's and got this reply:

Yes, SnaZio* Net DVD CinemA HD (SZ1350) can definitely fulfill your requirement in HD/SD upscaling playback.
It video out through DVI or Component which support upto 720p/1080i HDTV resolution.

If you want to email him for more info then pm me and I'll send you his email addy.

Cheers,
Rich

Hmmm, allowing for VAT aswell (coming from Singapore ?), that makes it about £280.

I think I shall give the Roku HD1500 a try first, coming in at £237 delivered, and hard wire it to my laptop. Hundreds of Gb of space available then, plus DVD-ROM.

Kevin.

Two Questions if I connected a external USB hard disk would it work to store my divx movies and MP3 files on.

If I wanted to buy one were do I do it from (I am based in Ireland)

tcp/ip,

I've pm'd you his email addy :)

Cheers,
Rich

Isn't this box the same as this one which sells for £154 inc. VAT ?

If you import this from outside the EU, you will have to pay VAT and import duty when it arrives, so add that into your costs.

No it's not, this is a new HD one that uses the new sigma chipset (EM8620L).

Basically it means it will play HD material (and audioWMA9 pro), it's got 'g' wifi and it's got better DA conversion, USB 2, analog 5.1 output.

I think that's it.

Rich

message from Snazio UK:
<QUOTE>
Dear Den,

Thank you for your interest in SnaZio* products especially in SnaZio* NET DVD Cinema HD. SnaZio* NET DVD Cinema HD will be available for sale in the mid or end of this month. Yes, SnaZio* NET DVD Cinema HD is capable of playing back DivX HD as well.

Feel free to contact us for further information.

<QUOTE>
:clap:

i ah see any idea when the new one will be availaible to order from and were

I've emailed them and didn't get a reply. I would guess the best thing is to keep checking out the same place and keep an eye out for the 'HD' version.

Ian Guinan

That is the old version, as mentioned it is the 'HD' version that we are waiting for.

I'll keep you posted when I get an update fron Snazio as they are going to email me when it's ready to ship. :)

I just got a mail this morning saying delivery to Ireland $25 and stock in 2 weeks also here are prices

SZ1300 SnaZio* Net DVD Cinema US$249
SZ1310 SnaZio* Net Cinema HD
(no DVD, w/ WiFi-g) US$319
SZ1350 SnaZio* Net DVD Cinema HD
(w/ DVD & WiFi-g) US$369

That's cheaper than the price they told me :(

Can you pm me the email addy of the person who gave you that quote.

Cheers,
R

Has anyone had any email correspondence from Snazio UK recently? I've sent them thee different emails in the last 10days and not had a single reply.
This does not fill you with confidence if you decide to attempt to purchase any products.

Has anyone had/used the Net DVD Cinema unit on thier website?

I got an email today saying :

Sorry... due to some technical issues, the shipment is delayed till end of May.

Don't worry, I will keep you informed once goods arrived.

Regards

R

GlennR said:
Has anyone had any email correspondence from Snazio UK recently? I've sent them thee different emails in the last 10days and not had a single reply.
This does not fill you with confidence if you decide to attempt to purchase any products.

Has anyone had/used the Net DVD Cinema unit on thier website?
I got a rather terse email from them this morning when I was nagging them for an update on their "in 15 days time" response to my question on timescales of 13th May.

He still had no price for me and no delivery date.

I guess that they are having the same problems with the EM8620 chipset that others have (reportedly, and only by the guys who aren't yet marketing an EM8620 based model: Momitsu and Transgear) had.

Got to be worth waiting for, though, hasn't it?

Are there any other EM8620 alternatives with an RGB scart?

Hmm, yes. The first two have component out but no SCART (I have an ancient TV with just 1 scart), KiSS DP-600 I haven't heard of and the Zensonic Z500 is rapidly becoming vaporware.

Interstingly, the URL doesn't list the Snazio SZ1350.

I had an email from Jennifer NG at Snazio this morning. Text here:

"Sorry for the wait. There is some delay in the production and we are keeping
our finger crossed that the units will reach us soon. I would not want to
commit any date at the moment to avoid further disappointment.

However, please be ensure that you will be in my priority list once the
units arrived.

Thanks for your patience."

Interestingly phrased though, don't you think? ...that the units will reach us soon...

Makes you wonder who's making them.

I told her I'd had enough waiting - if she hadn't told me about the SZ1350 in the first place I'd have happily bought a Momitsu weeks ago!

I lied though. I I''ll wait. :boring:

I know the feeling mate, it is getting to be a bit of a pain in the :censored:

Anyone any news on a release date yet ? Snazzi seem to have gone a little quiet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom