Philips 32PW6315 turns off after 20mins

S

stevenicholls

My philips has just started doing this, which is very annoying, the set is less than 3 years old! I told it's a common problem and have a quote for £200 to fix it!!! Being an electronics eng this goes against the grain and I'm hoping some kind sole can point me to the knackered component and offer some advise. Please, pretty please!!

Steve

Have you tried phoning Phillips, if its a common fault they might be inclined to help you, having said that , most companies don't want to know once they have sold you the set. Let us know how you get on , customer service is part of being a good company and we the buyers like to know who will help when things go wrong.

Hi steve,

I have no help for your problem but know a man who does!

In the magazine "What Video and Widescreen TV" there is an excellent video forum where readers pose questions and they get an answer to their problems. To get a personal answer fairly quickly (it can take up to two weeks) send a cheque for £4.95, made payable to Eugene Trundle, together with an S.A.E. to the following address:

Video Forum,
What Video and Widescreen TV,
Highbury Entertainment,
53 - 79 Highgate Road,
London NW5 1TW.

There is an e-mail address but you will not find a response to your question until it appears in the magazine a few months from them. I have used the personal reply myself, which is of great help.

I subscribe to this magazine and it's well worth buying a copy; this will show you the sort of questions and answers.

stevenicholls said:
My philips has just started doing this, which is very annoying, the set is less than 3 years old! I told it's a common problem and have a quote for £200 to fix it!!! Being an electronics eng this goes against the grain and I'm hoping some kind sole can point me to the knackered component and offer some advise. Please, pretty please!!

Steve

The most common cause of this fault in this model (The A10E chassis) is an Ic Philips terms the "Painter" Ic.
Unless you are well-versed in surface mount component replacement don't entertain thoughts of doing-it-yourself as it's about 1cm square with about 100 pins and comes in many different guises......model-specific.
Trade price of the ic is around 40 pounds so a retail repair is going to set you back a fair amount.

Steve,

If you don't get any help from the Forum, Cynthia7's suggestion is a good one.

Eugene Trundle is well known in the trade and is a mine of information.

I'm sure it will be £4.95 well spent.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eugene some time ago and he was clearly both knowledgeable and an all round good egg.

Of course, it takes one to know one! :rotfl:

Tight Git said:
Steve,

If you don't get any help from the Forum, Cynthia7's suggestion is a good one.

Eugene Trundle is well known in the trade and is a mine of information.

I'm sure it will be £4.95 well spent.

Fine if he want's to waste his money, I've just told him for free. :lesson:

Hi Tight Git,

I was so interested to read you had actually met Eugene Trundle. I enjoy his articles, which used to be called Video Clinic and with other experts answering in those days.

Truth to tell I thought it was a made up name as a sort of front man for "What Video" experts!

JayCee,

Sorry if I've caused offence, I just meant if your suggestion didn't do the trick.

(TG would be the last one to ask someone to spend money unnecessarily! :eek: )

Cynthia7,

Yes, Eugene is definately a person!

In fact, if I remember correctly, he's TD&H like yours truely. ;)

Tight Git said:
JayCee,

Sorry if I've caused offence, I just meant if your suggestion didn't do the trick. ;)

No offence taken. :smashin:

JayCee's absolutely correct - if it's the A10E chassis it's almost certain to be the 'painter IC'.

The failure of the painter IC causes many faults on these sets.

I can replace the chip for you if required - it's mounted on a small PCB which can be removed from the set and sent for repair.

A. Dork

Thank you everyone some sound advice! I'll double check that the TV has the A10E chassis and if so I take the board out of it.
Arthur if I post it to you how much would the repair cost?
Thanx to everyone

Steve

Steve,

Give me the model number if you can. It's on a sticker on the back of the set. On that sticker you should find the chassis type too.

Once you have that, I'll give you an idea of cost. I'll do it as cheap as poss!

Before you remove the PCB and send it I'll need some more inormation from inside the set.

Cheers.

A. Dork

Arthur,
Wiped away the dust and found the following:-
Model- 32PW6315/05
Prod No- QG030115102295
Chassis- A10E
Much to my disgust found it was made in France! What's wrong with Sunderland??? At least I think that's where the Philips factory is, anyway I'm close enough.
thanks again for your help.

Steve

I also have a phillips locking up and not being able to change channel adjust sound anything , i can only get it too work for a short while if i turn it off at the plug and i might get a few hours out of it then.Does it stand a good chance being the same chip as above thats gone, im handy with electronics so should be able to remove what ever panel its on if pointed to it, many thanks.

32PW6515/05

QG 040214 128497

A10E

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom