New Hitachi 32" LCD info

DanH

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail back from Hitachi regarding a few questions i had about the 32LD7200 "Picture Master", might be useful to others.
Website Link - http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/viewProduct_1.jsp?productid=465
Brochure Link - http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/brochures/en_GB/32ld7200_datasheet.pdf

(Sent the e-mail to Hitachi Belgium as there was no e-mail address for UK on the main Hitachi site, very nice of them to reply quickly)

Responses in blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------
1 - What is the response time (latency) of the panel?
Quoted response for rise and fall is 16ms but we have an overdrive circuit that improves performance to that of about 8ms response.

2 - Does it accept High Definition resolutions (720p/1080i) through both the HDMI and the DVI sockets, or just the HDMI?
Yes, both.

3 - Do the component video inputs support High Definition resolutions also?
Yes

4 - Does it support a PC input resolution of 1366x768 via DVI? (ie display the PC output at 1:1 with the native resolution of the panel)
Yes but it depends on the graphics card.

5 - How loud is the TV? (By this i mean is there any cooling fans etc that may make noise when the volume is turned down)
No fans.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Looking good so far.

Also, i saw the TV listed at CheapElecticals.com for £1,156.99, so i e-mailed them to find out when they were due stock, and to confirm the price. Lead time is 10-14 days and the price includes VAT and Delivery. Not bad at all.

Impressive stats!

Does that mean it does 720p/1080i in 50Hz and 60Hz?

And what's the PQ like?

I knew i forgot to ask something. :suicide:
Ill send another e-mail tomorrow about the 50/60hz. Is there anything else i should ask?

As for picture quality, i dont think the TV has been released yet, so there are no reviews or anything at the moment. Im hoping to god that its good, because at that price, the spec looks bloody good. I thought it would be at least £1500+ at launch.

Hi guys, it does do 720P@50Hz I have already asked them.

Taz

Thanks Taz. I also forgot that they are using the "HDTV Ready" logo on this set, which for them to use it the panel must take 720p/1080i in both 50 and 60hz.
Hitachi could really do with providing more details on the webpage, its pretty minimal at the moment.

the most interesting questions and the k.o criterium at all (for me) are :
will this panel be one of first to support correct 50 Hz timings with radeon or nvidia
graphic cards with powerstrip in htpcs ?

its a minor problem to get native resolution and 1:1 pm with most tfts.

but its sometimes an almost discouraging experience to get correct
50 Hz timings.
yes..more sophisticated users of this panel will prefer configurations like the one above.

2.has anyone tested this panel with a DVI yamakawa 365 with the native custom resolution of
1366x768 @50hz . (or a Sams. 945)

tested ... that means more than that the dvi port accepts the player

that means a judder , jerky , tearing free , correctly timed 50 Hz image
with smooth pans and no motion artefacts ...

thanks
mine

reading 2 days through most of the contributions here , concerning HTPC-LCD issues was
quite a frustrating experience.

so far i am aware of not one really satisfying setup with 1:1 pixel mapping, native resolution and judderfree 50 Hz , with smooth motion.

did i miss something ?

2 years ago i bought one of the 30 " aldi/medion/conrac displays ( lg panel a.f.a.i.k.)

htpc was a shuttle barebone with ati 9800 pro (DVI) and skystar 2 dvb/s card

mmmhhh......powerstrip > native resolution 1280x768 @ 60 Hz was a matter of seconds.

as the videoelectronic of this TFTTV did a framerateconversion to 60 Hz like most other panels this was not perfect (and idiotic) - test dvds showed jerky pans - ticker tapes on ntv were far from smooth and though most people seem to ignore that kind of chaotic judder completely .....not me...

I started fiddling with powerstrip , began to change the front and back porches in small steps -- always controled by a 50 Hz testdvd (ticker) and .....
bingo ... 2 evenings later at 50,034 the magic happened

- native resolution 1:1 - 50 hz - perfect motion

I shared my settings on dvdboard.de with some other happy aldi users , and in the meantime my mother is a happy user of this panel as well (though not with a htpc)

if none of the current available tfts in the 32 -37 " range is able to allow a set up like the one above - i will not buy one, isn`t it simple .

i am pretty sure that we will see in 2 years many htpcs as multimedia centers
and i want a display that is compatible.

I learnt that only a pioneer mxe-1 plasma will satisfy my needs. unbelievable isn`t.?

sorry for my english, not my native language.

regards
m

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom