LG RZ-42PX11 Good or Bad !

M

Mr.Bubbles

I'm looking for a good quality vfm 42" plasma for boys room.
Primarily for Sky ( football ) and PS2. Don't want to spend
a fortune as I already have a good quality plasma.
Looking at new LG RZ-42PX11 , WHC mag says great,
What Video says naff ! Any suggestions welcome. :confused:

For 2nd plasma not bad. I think the RGB scart is still a bit naff judging on feedback, same device by component and RGB seems to be a lot better by component. Get your PS2 on component, is the sky RF or do you have a sky box there? S-video appears to be hassle free too, if you have that it might be a way round scart problem if it shows itself.

I've watched lots of football on my PX11 and I've been suprised how good it looks, I've seen football on a Philips plasma and it looked very blocky ( the grass that is ). The PX11 is a very good TV if you are on a budget like me.

i must admit i was VERY VERY disappointed at the pic quality when it arrived about 2.5 weeks ago, was ready to send it back but after reading the VERY LONG px11 thread I deceided to give it the 28 days before I would tell JL to shove it. The main thrust was to change some of the default settings page 53 of the long thread and let it "Run In" from 100 - 200 hours , mines only done about 70, but literally the pic is at least 5 times better than when I first switched it on
it is very good and Im still using a cruddy scart cable.

Go on you WONT be disappointed

Pete :thumbsup:

i completely agree with pete when i first got the panel i was so gutted then i used my xbox and swore id never play it again, but then played with settings a lil and let it run in and its getting better, this panel defo needs running in they should do it at the factory lol, and the 1 rgb scart is a bit poor but theres plenty of other connections inc 2 s videos.

maw do u think s video would be better for me to connect sky+ i currently have dvd goin thru 1 s video

Dunno mate, worth trying if you've got a leasd to hand. All comments seem to say RGB scart is not as good as it could be on this panel, and s-video is certainly better than most folks give it credit for on almost any setup.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom