Upgrade fronts/centre from 2005.1

1ofaKind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently considering upgrading the front soundstage of my setup. I currently have in a pretty small room a full 7.1 Kef 2001 setup connected to a Denon 3805 amp.

The room is being extended soon to 15ft x 9ft (from basically 9ft x 9ft).

So I'm slightly concerned the front soundstage won't have enough umpfff particularly the centre speaker which even in a small room I consider 'weak'

I am thinking of keeping the 4 eggs for surround duties (and the sub) and replacing fronts / centre with any of the following.

The centre will be on a piece of furniture to be determined and the L/R will need to be either floorstanding or on stands.

3 x Kef 9000 ACE

1 x Kef XQ-2C Centre + either XQ-5 (floor standers) / XQ-1 (stand mounted)

1 x Kef Q-9C + Kef Q7 Fronts

I am looking at Kef primarily as the driver range is similar/same across the range so it should not upset the sound as much?

The setup is for home cinema only.

The alternative advice from my father is buy the stands for the front Kefs and suck it and see once the building work is completed.

Any thoughts?

Regarding the Q9c center, i would rather go for the 9000, i upgraded from the Q9c to 9000, and the 9000 is much better in my opinion. An alternative is probably 2xQ7 + Q10c which is probably similar to the 9000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom