Music For The Apprentice

robert.hunter

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone kindly tell me the name of the music used as the theme for the Apprentice, please?

TIA

Is this the UK or US version of the programme.

I watched last weeks episode last night and can't say that the programme has any definate music theme.It seems to have various styles throughout the programme,for instance when they were in the gallery selling the pictures they were using piano music which I am sure was from American Beauty by Thomas Newman.

Other than that It was just a collection of various snippets of music.its not like the American version of the show which allways opened with and used throughout The Ojays "for the love of money"

They started of tonight with Prokofiev's; Montagues and Capulets

Go here for a listen.

The incidental music that is not taken from other sources (like classical music or original film scores) is composed by a guy called Dru Masters (he has his own website, check it out).

There are certain bits of music that are used at the same point in every episode (for example, they play a bit out of the film 'Sexy Beast' when the pressure is building each week).

By the way the bit from Sexy Beast that they are using is the bit when Teddy Bass is plotting the bank vault job, it's got a low repetitive bass riff, sounds a bit like the Guinness advert music which Leftfield did (Phat Planet).

By "theme" I meant the music used over the introductory segment. I have since discovered it is a piece entitled "Dance of the Knights" from "Romeo & Juliet" by Prokofiev.

Thanks to those who posted.

robert.hunter said:
By "theme" I meant the music used over the introductory segment. I have since discovered it is a piece entitled "Dance of the Knights" from "Romeo & Juliet" by Prokofiev.

Thanks to those who posted.
If you go to the site I mentioed you will find that is the exact same pice of music I pointed you to.

Montagues and Capulets is the most popular name for it. You probablu only find it called "Dance of the Knights" on the full "Romeo & Juliet" album but on compalations and most other places it is known as "Montagues and Capulets" the name comes from the two familiy names of Romeo & Juliet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom