Ideas Wanted: Remote triggering a screen from a Sony HS20

wookieman

Established Member
Reaction score
Since there is no remote trigger available on a HS20 projector, I thought I had it sorted, there is a usb connection on the back of the HS20. I can use the outer pins of the usb connector since they are 5v and ground connections to trigger my screen.

But no :thumbsdow the projector doesn't supply power on those pins. Does anyone have any other ideas to get a remote trigger out of this beast ???

The only other idea I have is using half a opto-coupler to pick up when the LED's light up to trigger my screen, but that will look messy, so any ideas ???

Please...

Wookie man, I take it from your previous ideas that you are up to speed with electronics. If so, I would recommend a pickup coil around the mains lead connected to a comparator so that when the current through the cable increases considerably (ie the lamp starts to draw current), it will be sensed by the coil and switch on the comparator. I think something like this may even be commercially available. Hope this helps, K

Hi there!

A Swedish manufacturer now has a really easy install product called "AutoLink". It is plugged into the projector's power input and sends an IR signal to the screen when power is turned on... :thumbsup:

It is supplied by Euroscreen, but is a pretty new product. I have a data sheet, PM your e-mail address and I can send it to you. :smashin:

Here it is...

Attachments

• AutoLink_instruktion_ENG_LOW.pdf
    146.4 KB · Views: 259

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom