wyerd's DIY Plasma installation

wyerd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my plasma project. I'd like to thank this forum for valuable information on how to do this. The other half is speechless for once! Just got to mount the fire on the metal bar underneath the centre speaker.

Attachments

• diy 001.jpg
    diy 001.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 563
  • diy 002.jpg
    diy 002.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 532
  • plasma 002.jpg
    plasma 002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 605
Looks fantastic.

One question though - it looks like you are running the cables diagonally?

John

Thanks,

The diagonal trench is for the video cables only. VGA, HDMI & Component to the gear on the right of the picture. They are inside trunking which is inside the trench, then filled in. I've left some nylon string in it so I can pull new cable if needed later.

The fire is manufactured by Creative Fires down the road from where I live at Waterlooville, Hampshire. 023 9223 3030 [email protected] No website but this one has a couple of pics. They do black on black, silver on black, with pebbles or coals.

Hi Wyerd ,
Nice set up , quick question about the kefs if I may.

I have had a look at the mounting instructions on the kef site but I was left none the wiser as to how the Centre mounts ? Does it just hook on similar to the L&R.
And one more if I may . Is it possible to mount the rear speakers with the speaker connection at the top ?

Cheers
John

johnscarlet said:
Hi Wyerd ,
Nice set up , quick question about the kefs if I may.

I have had a look at the mounting instructions on the kef site but I was left none the wiser as to how the Centre mounts ? Does it just hook on similar to the L&R.
And one more if I may . Is it possible to mount the rear speakers with the speaker connection at the top ?

Cheers
John

Centre uses the same mounts as the L&R, but set horizontal so the speaker attaches from the left.

I've mounted the rears on the supplied stands, but I can’t see any reason why you can't connect them from the top if you're mounting them directly onto the wall.

wyerd said:
Centre uses the same mounts as the L&R, but set horizontal so the speaker attaches from the left.

I've mounted the rears on the supplied stands, but I can’t see any reason why you can't connect them from the top if you're mounting them directly onto the wall.

Forgot to say thanks. Thanks.
I'll have to go have a listen
atb
John

Few more pics....

Attachments

• plasma 003.jpg
    plasma 003.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 206
  • plasma 004.jpg
    plasma 004.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 303
  • plasma 005.jpg
    plasma 005.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 220
wyerd said:
Mind you, the KEF logo will be upsidedown!

Thought they may have been reversable/removable from the website.Oh well will investigate further
Cheers
John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom