JL Pricematching help needed

A

anthony2k5

bit of tedious link to the television forum, but there seems to be more discussion on pricematching in here than any other forum and it is about a tv :)

:lease:

anyway, can people help me out on these questions:

1. The few that got JL to pricematch RGBdirect/S+V/etc, was it the in store prices or web prices they price matched to?

2. which JL store is more likely to pricematch the above stores.

3. What other stores are usually less than JL that JL regularly pricematch?

4. How do I order from a JL store other than my local one, do they do over the phone ordering/payments?

5. How does delivery work, does it just come from the JL distribution center? or what?

Basicly Im after a 28inch TV, and want to buy from JL for their waranty, but pennys are a bit tight so need to knock them down as much as possible.

Thanks in advance

JL may not necessarily be the cheapest option. A 5 year extended warranty via warrantyex.co.uk is only £59.69 on a TV bought for between £200-£299. Get onto something like www.dealtime.co.uk for the set that you want and then add the warranty cost. Could be cheaper. I've just gone for a philips off currys.co.uk with integrated digital, you should still be able to get free delivery today and there is also a 10 month interest free option.

PS I don't work for Currys! :)

john.marks said:
JL may not necessarily be the cheapest option. A 5 year extended warranty via warrantyex.co.uk is only £59.69 on a TV bought for between £200-£299. Get onto something like www.dealtime.co.uk for the set that you want and then add the warranty cost. Could be cheaper. I've just gone for a philips off currys.co.uk with integrated digital, you should still be able to get free delivery today and there is also a 10 month interest free option.

PS I don't work for Currys! :)

Not interested in any kinda finance, interest free or not though.

Yeah Iv been looking at prices on pricerunner and kelkoo so I know what prices Im aiming for, I just want to know the best way to try and get those prices at JL :)

I have been told earlier today by JL (Southampton) that they will NOT match RGB or Sound & Vision due to the way they display their prices. However in my case (Tosh 36ZP48) they will honour a price they advertised on the their website a couple of weeks ago. Taking into account free 5yr warranty this works out slightly more expensive but I'd prefer to buy from JL, like you.

anthony2k5 said:
anyone else wanna help? :lease:

Antony,

I assume you've seen the other John Lewis threads.

I can only repeat that the Pricematch is a big lottery. :lesson:

It all seems to depend on who you speak to, and which side of the bed they used that morning!

There is no consistancy between stores and even between personnel within a store.

It's just a case of seeing which of you gets fed up with the game first! :devil:

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I Though JL in Bristol were very good.

I asked then to pricematch a 32" Toshiba which was at £499 and £449 on some etailers (the 449 one was only mail order) they got back to me 2 days later to say they would match the £499 one but by that time I already bought a 36" PF from currys.

I think it depends MORE on the shop you want to pricematch to, it MUST be one where you can walk into. A good one to use to digital-point.co.uk as it is a proper shop in birmingham, make sur eyou have their address and telephoen number handy.

Good luck!

oo! didnt realise digitalpoint had a shop.

So if I was successful on a pricematch, what about my other questions... how do I order from a non-local JL? over the phone? etc

not sure about that one, I would try your local one first tho. I cant see why they wouldn't price match because their policy is clear - they will match any 'shops' price anywhere in the UK.

ok well so far iv asked for a pricematch at JL peterborough on a AV-28X4 against crampton & moore. £529 vs £395. That'd be about 30% off I think which would be nice :)

Got a looooooong list to keep throwing at them if they say no to the above though :smashin:

anthony2k5 said:
Got a looooooong list to keep throwing at them if they say no to the above though :smashin:

That's the spirit, Anthony! :clap:

Keep going and I might make you an honourary family member. :laugh:

I'll second the Bristol store. Cribbs Causeway (Bristol) pricematched both RGB and S&V against a 36ZP48P and RDXS-32. This was a few months ago though and so might have changed.

John Lewis (Bristol - Cribbs) phoned me this morning to sat they WILL price match S&V. So now we have a situation wher one JL store will price match and another (JL Southampton) won't. I'd rather buy from the Southampton store because of the free delivery (£85 from Bristol) but if I have to I'll go and collect it myself. I am eagerly awaiting JL Southampton's response.

Does anyone know if I can get the Tosh 36ZP48 in a Mondeo?

iansums said:
John Lewis (Bristol - Cribbs) phoned me this morning to sat they WILL price match S&V. So now we have a situation wher one JL store will price match and another (JL Southampton) won't. I'd rather buy from the Southampton store because of the free delivery (£85 from Bristol) but if I have to I'll go and collect it myself. I am eagerly awaiting JL Southampton's response.

Does anyone know if I can get the Tosh 36ZP48 in a Mondeo?

i thought pretty much all TV's from JL came from the distribution center from what I had heard? not the store directly? :confused:

the person at bristol that you spoke to, were they part of the undersales team? or just whoever answers the general enquires number?

anyway, keep us informed!

I believe they are delivered from store. Looking at another thread, someone was charged £60 for delivery outside foc area.

When I originally enquired at JL Bristol the person who initially answered took all the details and passed it on to Undersales who then phoned me this morning. The interesting thing is that they would'nt confirm this in writing but did give me an undersales ref. no.

TG is right, there is no consistency. I just hope JL Southampton will now relent and price match so I can avoid a 150 mile round trip.

I believe all JL deliveries are from central store in Milton Keynes.

On pricematching, I got JL Bluewater to match RGB but they wouldn't match S&V as it was outside of their 30 mile local price match radius.

CTT said:
I believe all JL deliveries are from central store in Milton Keynes.

On pricematching, I got JL Bluewater to match RGB but they wouldn't match S&V as it was outside of their 30 mile local price match radius.

hmm guess it wasnt jackie at JL bluewater you spoke to then! as she just told me they dont pricematch with RGB :thumbsdow :mad:

As I understand it, JL treat each price match on a case by case basis. They will not match the internet price, but will match the instore price.

Phone the store you want to match and confirm the instore price. Give the details to John Lewis and they have no argument.

CTT said:
As I understand it, JL treat each price match on a case by case basis. They will not match the internet price, but will match the instore price.

Phone the store you want to match and confirm the instore price. Give the details to John Lewis and they have no argument.

Not this woman. it went like this:

Jackie: what store would you like to price match with?
Me: RGB direct.
Jackie: sorry we dont price match with RGB.

She didnt even pause to consider it so there was no chance really.

anthony2k5 said:
Not this woman. it went like this:

Jackie: what store would you like to price match with?
Me: RGB direct.
Jackie: sorry we dont price match with RGB.

She didnt even pause to consider it so there was no chance really.

Yes there is, because if you speak to someone else (or even Jackie tomorrow) you may well get a different response!

I know it sounds rediculous but that's exactly what happened to me last March.

It's all part of the ploy to grind you down. :laugh:

Now, who's going to throw in the towel first? :devil:

Hi Everyone

One other key factor that JL requires in concidering a price match is if the other retailer that your getting them to price match againt has actual stock available of the product. If the other retailer does not have or hold actual stock of the product, JL will not concider it a valid price match.
The other factor that JL will not concider is an "On Sale" price.
I've had this issue regards the price matching of a Sony KV-36HQ100.

DS9

Hi Guys, I've been reading the John Lewis Pricematching threads for a couple of weeks now.

I'm after a Sony 28dx200 + Gx300 Dvd Recorder.

After pretty much having no success with ElectricalDiscountsUK (order placed Dec28th) I've looked around and got prices from Digital Direct, S&V and RGB.

On Saturday I went onto the JL website and emailed every store mentioned in these threads after no joy with a JL Cheadle pricematch by phone.

Now the situation is where JL Cambridge has offered me the package for £839.95 (BTW other stores would pricematch but not as cheap). Does this mean I can now go to the Cheadle store (20mins away) and ask them to price match Cambridge?? Or can I buy from Cambridge and pick up in Cheadle??? :rolleyes:

Hello J0n8 and welcome to the Forum. :)

Why pick-up at all, when JL will deliver FOC?

My TV was ordered from Bluewater and delivered all the way to here on the southcoast. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom