Living room project nearly finished

vileda

Standard Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how these things start, a rough idea, a hammer phone numbers for builders, finding a plasterer etc etc.

I've finally got time to put some pictures up they are from the start till a week ago (plasma is up :smashin: floor going down atm)

still, here area few to get going with.

Attachments

• startfwd1.jpg
    startfwd1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 773
  • startfwd2.jpg
    startfwd2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 608
  • accrofwd.jpg
    accrofwd.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 561
  • accroback.jpg
    accroback.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 568
  • startpaintfwd1.jpg
    startpaintfwd1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 680
  • startpaintfwd2.jpg
    startpaintfwd2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 475
  • afteraccrofwd.jpg
    afteraccrofwd.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 779
  • chimney.JPG
    chimney.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 812
the title of your thread stated "nearly finished"... :eek:

Have you got to the stage where you think it will never be ready yet???

Decadence said:
the title of your thread stated "nearly finished"... :eek:

Have you got to the stage where you think it will never be ready yet???

lol, there will be more pics tomorrow and yes there were times when i thought it would never be finished

Hi V,
I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic TH-42PWD7B plasma that you have. Without straying too far off topic, what do you think of it? Any concerns over screen burn?
Cheers,
Hatch

hatcher said:
I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic TH-42PWD7B plasma that you have. Without straying too far off topic, what do you think of it? Any concerns over screen burn?

None at all. It has screen savers to combat screenburn and a wipe effect just in case you still manage to get it.

there were times when i thought it would never be finished

Yep know how that feels.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished article.

AVmaster said:
None at all. It has screen savers to combat screenburn and a wipe effect just in case you still manage to get it.

Many Thanks AV. Reading around it looks like a good buy.

OK, finally got to the point where there's only the skirting boards to go on (next year maybe :) ), I'll be taking the real nearly finished pics tonight

Ok, As promised here are some pics.

Please note that the pic looks awful on these cos of the sun (I normally pull the curtains at this time of day) and a problem with the scart lead.

I'll post some pics with this running some HD trailers later :clap:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 710
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 784
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 783
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 878
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 726
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 435
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 839
Well nice :thumbsup:

inzaman said:
Well nice :thumbsup:
cheers, i've enjoyed the experience and think i've got as close to the no-visible wires aim as i could.......

The detail on this HD trailer is amazing, however my photography skills arent :D

Did it all myself (wife helped with the painting & supervised) apart from the knocking down of the wall and the plastering.

thats the reason it took 6 months!!!!

What you have done looks exactly like what I am going to do in my new house. Did you have any issues taking out the fireplace? What did you fill the opening with?

Bazza32 said:
What you have done looks exactly like what I am going to do in my new house. Did you have any issues taking out the fireplace? What did you fill the opening with?

There was lots of mess as I had to take the fire-brick and a lot of bricks out before putting a new lintle in. Just be careful!!!!!

I also knocked a hole above the lintle and placed a 2" pipe through so that the Av cables would go to the back of the chimney before dropping down. and drilled a couple of holes through the side of the chimney for the power, phone line and sub cable.

Then it was just a case of plasterboarding and getting in a proper plasterer.

Oh, and if you look carefully at this pic Here then you can see how much of the chimnet I had to take out.

Bazza32 said:
Wow... good job. You are right it does look messy!!!!

But worth it. As long as you spend at least twice as much time planning than doing then you should get what you want

The Skirting Boards are going on this week-end, that's 11 months to do the room, can anyone beat that!!!

P.S. still over the moon with the PWD7

Skirting boards are on!!!!! :clap: cat5 cables & Pipes are boxed in :cool: Picture rail is up :clap: touch up paint is drying.

Final pics to follow

Looks spot on mate , i'm liking everything but just not sure on the rack in the chimney , the location is great and it all works well but the build of it looks a bit dodgy and unlevel in some of the pics? maybe its just the camera angle? apart from that gorgeous mate , i'm very jealous!!

Jon

Cracking job you have done there fella......look forward to seeing the final pics.....;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom