Lethal Weapon 1-4 boxset £14.99 @ HMV

Charlton Fan

Established Member
Reaction score
As title, not sure if also on-line but then you would need to pay extra for p&p. LW 1-3 are also the director's cuts! :clap:

Chris

:clap: Cheers Chris......... Bagged my copy on line, had to pay p&p but still a bargin.

Leathal weapon doesn't take me as the sort of film to be cut, what ended up on the cutting room floor out of interest?

What I can't understand is that I'm a big boy now who knows where the on off button is, why do we still need someone to decide what we can and can't watch.

Lethal weapon 2 cuts.........From melonfarmers
The cinema version is 15 yet the video/Dvd version has been cut and uprated to 18

A scene has been removed soon after Mel Gibson sees the body of Patsy Kensit in which he kills two guards. The first one is beaten with a chain and the second has his head rammed in a car door (a definite BBFC no-no). There is also a cut close-up of a bad guy being shot in the climatic scene.

In addition further scenes are missing at the behest of the distributors:

The scene where Mel Gibson pumps the car trunk (and hence the South African agent it conceals) full of bullets is missing
The scene where a South African agent is crushed by a car hoist.

Cuts to Lethal Weapon 4 - these really do hurt the film the fights are so badly edited its hard to work out whats going on...................from melonfarmers......
Cuts apply to cinema, video and DVD versions.

The BBFC said that the re-edited version removed 90 seconds of personal injury and sadism. The UK distributors voluntarily cut the incidence of neck breaks, head butts, garroting, eye gouging and the noisy breaking of bones in five of the seven reels.

The fight scene towards the beginning of the film where Jet Li kills an accomplice is missing Jet Li breaking the guy's hand and then stamping on his foot after which he grabs the guy by the face and knees him.
In the same scene we don't get to see the wire being strapped tightly around the guy's throat.
Towards the end, when the Chinese family is brought to the forgery workshop, and the old character goes to his his uncle, we don't get to see the guy's neck being snapped. The implication still remains though.
In the major fight scene in Murtaghs house between Jet Li's thugs, Gibson, Russo and Glover there are many many small cuts to remove scenes of contact. This includes punches, kicks and the knife scenes. A pregant Russo beating a thug is trimmed as is Jet Li kicking Russo in the head as she enters the door.
The final scene is considerably cut in the same way, including Gibsons repeated Headbutt to Jet Li. Also as in Goldeneye the sound volume is reduced to make the fight impacts less severe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom