Samsung DVD-HD945 DVD Player

D

David Allen

Hi,

I'm awaiting deliery of a High Definition Samsung 46 inch DLP TV and looking for a new High Def DVD player to go with it.

I'm considering the Samsung HD945 as the remotes will hopefully be similar, but does anyone have a info on this product?

Also - what about availablility of the High Def software in the UK ? or do I have to shop in the USA for this at the moment?

Dave

David,

Please let me know when you get your Sammy 46inch this Saturday - we can compare notes on what you think ... I've had mine for a little while now and will be interested to know your feedback...

Hi

I have had a Samsung HD945 on order from Digi-UK since 4 November. Today they have told me that stock is due to them from Samsung on 7 December. That's nearly a month late so while I'm hopeful, I'm not holding my breath!

Neil

just phoned digi-uk and once again was told next week. However, I was told they had some in this week and shipped them out to the first people who ordered (obviously not me :( ) Anyhoo, they reckon they should have the rest to fulfil their all their back orders by the 7th of Dec (I assume he meant 2004).

Let us know what you think.
I'm interested to see if it gives the PQ of a Pio 575 / Tosh 340 over component in addition to its HDMI qualities.

My HD-945 was delivered from DigiUK on Tuesday.

Can't afford a pj just yet, so can't comment on the hdmi picture quality.

one thing - the 935 handset hack doesnt work for changing the region code. Would be very interested to discover what the hack for this player is!

And what have you connected it to? Hows the picture quality, so far?

Regards,

J. Rosado

Will this dvd player upscale pal discs as well as ntsc, unlike the new denons which can only upscale on ntsc.

Go on, crack it open and check whether the chipset is Zoran or Fouraja.

andynumpty said:
Will this dvd player upscale pal discs as well as ntsc, unlike the new denons which can only upscale on ntsc.

:nono:

Not sure what you're talking about there - all the new Denons upscale PAL and NTSC.

Saw this on a Denon dvd thread on this forum.

Big_AL007

Trader Rating: (2) You can not upscale the 2910 on PAL disks through DVI only on NTSC, this may make a big difference if your collectionis mainly NTSC. Not sure whether it works ok through HDMI, if anyone knows a way around this I would like to know.
You can set it to out everything in NTSC but in my experience it seriously degrades the picture quatity.

AL

The manual on Samsung's website says it upscales pal and ntsc, but there may be some motion judder with pal software due to changing it to 60Hz

paulw77 said:
:nono:

Not sure what you're talking about there - all the new Denons upscale PAL and NTSC.

phlix said:
The manual on Samsung's website says it upscales pal and ntsc, but there may be some motion judder with pal software due to changing it to 60Hz

This was also a problem with the HD935 according to the HCC review earlier in the year.

'fraid i dont have anything of note to connect it to at the moment. Am saving for an AE700, but currently viewing on a 23" widescreen through RGB Scart...

...or rather not viewing, until there is a region hack. Am enjoying the Samsung's SACD capability, at least.

the one Person who has the 945 oh my god!! when did u get the player and were u first on the list, and did u wait sometime. i had my ordered from DIGI UK from 4th nov at least too!!

Still not recieved or heard anything yet... Please please tell us. Cannot understand that you got this and was it def from Digi uk. cheers

David This Player Will be Brill if all is right whats inside this little Beauty!!

Hey got a call this morning I am recieving mines tommorow will update. AT LAST! must of been well over a month! Was trying to decide over this and the pana s97eb hmm

Also got the call today for delivery tomorrow - is a multiregion handset hack known yet?

sa
w

Delivery of 2 for tomorrow from Hughes Electrical.

So tomorrow we will know the answer to the chipset question ...

Anyone know any suppliers selling this MR ready in the UK?

Cheers

fyi,

i ordered a 935 some months ago. digiUK had run out of stock and offered to supply the 945 instead. weeks/months past and i almost forgot about it, then got a call to say they had a player to deliver! so i guess i was pretty near the top of the list.

Got mine today, I was off work so I've had some time to play around with it. Its connected to a Samsung LW32A23W 32" LCD screen via the HDMI to DVI cable (included with the player) and I'm pretty impressed. Before this I just used a cheapy player (less than 30 quid) while I was waiting for the 945 to be released. The difference is very noticable. Although I haven't really got much else to compare it to cos none of my family or mates are really into AV, its better than any player I've seen, other than in hifi shops.

The only problem is a lot my software is region 1, so I can't watch it on the 945 just yet.

Anyway, if you have a HDMI or DVI compatible screen for the money the 945 has no competition.

The handset hack for the HD935 works for multiregion on the 945.

sa
w

saw2 said:
The handset hack for the HD935 works for multiregion on the 945.

sa
w

Very helpful I'm sure :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom