Help for a complete newbie

getdownmonkeyma

Established Member
Reaction score
Please help as I have no idea what I am doing.

I would like a surround soumd system for around £200-£250, but I don't want to buy a new DVD as my current one (Sony DVP-400) has 5.1 channel output.

The other thing is, can I watch Sky using the system or is it solely for DVD?.

The set is a Philips 28PW9309 if this makes a difference,though I am looking at Toshiba LCD for the near future.

Please help as I am very confused.

You can get the excellent Acoustic Energy Aego P5 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS surround system for around £300 if you want to stretch to that. It features a small, well-built Dolby Digital and DTS Decoder which outputs to the amplifier that is built into the subwoofer. The 5 surround speakers are all identical and, though small, are of a very high quality producing a full, distortion free sound. In the box you get everything you need such as speaker cables and wall stands. As for inputs, you could connect your DVD through digital coaxial and if you have Sky+ you can use an optical cable to connect that to the decoder. It also features 3 seperate stereo phono inputs.

For more info, check out its listing on SuperFi at http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1314

It's also worth pointing out that this site sells the system for the lowest price and, if I may say so, features the best service I have ever seen from an online retailer. In most cases they will ship an item within 2 hours of ordering it for free next day delivery!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom