John Lewis price match

B

Biccy

Hi, hope someone can help. Have decided on a TV & DVD recorder (after some good advice on fourm) which are both available at John Lewis. Their prices combined are £300 more than sourcing from internet sites that have retail outlets in UK but after reading some threads on their price match, from what I can gather they will price match as long as its from Uk retail outlets (even if price is on internet) Is this correct? And can anyone tell me how to go about getting them to match. Any help apreciated.

JLP will price-match a shop if:
* you can walk in (i.e. not internet-only) and;
* the price is available to all - it's the shelf-price, not an individually negotiated deal and;
* it's in stock.

Just ring your local JLP and ask for the Undersales department saying you'd like a price-match. Give them the name of the shop, phone number/address and price. They'll check up on it either by ringing up or visiting in person and get back to you with a letter saying whether they will price match or not.

Cheers,
Liam

Thanks for that.Just 1 more question though, am i right in thinking the store they may can be anywhere in UK or does it have to be within radius of store (im hoping to go & pick goods up cos i cant be in for home deliveries) ?

Anywhere in the UK.

I got JL Bluewater (Kent) to pricematch with a shop in Birmingham.

Good luck!

Funny enough, when i bought my tx36pf10 back in 2000, john lewis had it out on shop floor for £1999, but came down to 1650 when i produced a print out of empire directs £1600.

Lucky you!

They definately won't pricematch these days with Empire Direct, so they've either changed their policy or (more likely) it was a mistake.

(I won't tell if you won't!)

morettat said:
They used to match internet prices, until January 2001 or 2002, I think.

Thanks for that info, I was unaware.

Did they do the "free" 5 yr guarantee then?

If so, a real bargain!

Yes - even with internet prices.

I never buy electrical goods anywhere other than John Lewis.

I had 2 faulty Panasonic TVs and they swapped them out very quickly. The second one was delivered on a Saturday morning, I found it was faulty, phoned them and they took 2 guys off the TV sales floor to collect another TV from the warehouse and bring it to me at 5.00pm Saturday afternoon!

You don't get services like that anywhere, especially online.

Damn. the TV I was after (Sony KV32FX68) they dont have in stock & looks like they wont have anymore coming in again. Thanks for advice anyway chaps. Have found it at 3 pins though for decent price. Anyone had dealings with them before? Will be picking it up so not worried about delivery. Just thinking about service if things go wrong with TV. I know they deal with returns & oben box etc but this TV in Brand New with Sony 1 year warrantee...would this mean if something goes wrong I deal with Sony or do I have to send it back to 3 pins?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom