Samsung Tocco Discussion Thread

Houstie

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting this phone when it comes out? ..Vodafone have announced a release date of the 5 June , just in time for my next upgrade.

It looks the part anyway...first time i'll be moving over to a full touch screen but dont know if this will be a bad move. I was looking at the the New SE
C902 but the screen is to small, and had a shot of the Samsung Soul u900 and wasnt impressed so it looks like its going to be this one.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_f480-2268.php

Any thoughts ?

im suprised there hasnt been much attention to this thread.. the phone looks awesome!

well i'll be getting mine on the 6th June and cant wait looks a nice piece of kit ..Now called the Samsung Tocco rather than the F480 as they dont want to get it mixed up with the bigger phone the F490. :clap:

video recording quality is crap this is what put me off anyway. have a look at the lg secret very sexy phone.

.........and its free.

What strikes me is: Why is it so cheap? It is free on all tariff, even 12 months contract?

Now, I am having difficulties of choosing between this one, LG Secret and LG Viewty. Help!!!!!!!!!!!
:(
:suicide:

I'm not to sure on the touchscreen phones. I've had them before and texting is a long winded process especially when a stylus is involved. I soon went back to a mobile with buttons but I guess thats personal preference.

Just checked it today and it says its free up to £149.99 depending on tariff, they have changed it over night.

Spoke to vodafone about this 2 weeks ago and they had a release date of 5 June , spoke to them yesterday and its now back to 4 July arrrgghhh ! ...:thumbsdow

Well overdue an upgrade and dont know whether to hold out for this one ?

tried the soul dont like it, others i'm considering are the LG Secret or in the middle of June the SE C902 is out ...decisions decisions !!! :suicide:

cant beleave that, i were going to get that monday but wont be now.

it aint on there site yet tho.

spoke to three different sales reps at t-mobile and everyone said they dont have it yet and havent got a release date. :confused:

They do have it, its not appearing on internal sales lists or the web site yet as it was a rush job to get it to market for the 1st of July but its definitely there as I work for T-Mobile.

Got an Email yesterday saying i can upgrade even tho im not due to get an upgrade till 13th june. i managed to get the samsung tocco for free on my 12 month online 35 tariff.

Spoke to a couple of people at T-mobile yesterday regarding the phone. Most are clueless but I was told its in stock and its out. Should be available in stores as well.

The phone does look nice - can't wait to get my upgrade next week :clap:

Just received my phone today, initial reactions very well built, lovely screen, very responsive, I will give more impressions after a longer play :)

btw the touch screen seems far more responsive than the Viewty with great haptics.

Hi Justin, I read somewhere that this phone had class leading DSLR camera optics, can you give some idea of image quality? I am wondering how it will compare to the Secret and the N96. Thanks.

I will have a play tomorrow and let you know, I will for sure say that it doesn't have DSLR optics, infact it won't have standard Digicam optics either the lens and detailed resolved as well as the processing engine are no where near upto that standard. I think it will probably be as good as the secret, no idea about the N96, i'll take some pics and post a link on the web for you to have a look.

As promised please follow the link to a few quick pics I took using the Tocco, remember these were taken in bright sunlight so very harsh for any type of photography. I will add some more tomorrow with a few indoor shots. I didn't have time to play around with the settings so they are using the original setup.

I'll post some more thoughts tmrw as well when I have had a bit more time with the phone.

http://justinl.smugmug.com/Photography/527578

Thanks, going to check the link now :)

Well, they look pretty good to me, the flowers in particular, a sure step up from the very good camera on my SE, I would be interested in it's music handling capabilities too if possible, it's borderline for me between this the Secret or the new N96, my primary use is for music and photo handling, and the occasional phone call - and the slow motion video sounds interesting on the LG but I would probably never use it so it will likely come down to the Samsung or N96 in the end.

I have had Samsung's before and they have always been rock solid, in fact my wife is using my old one which is several years old :) But the GPS may just swing it in favour of the N96.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom