Harmony one / Panasonic TV

cloustonjones

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new to posting on any forum so please be gentle!! ( although have been helped by reading many)

I am hoping someone can help me!!
I am now a proud owner of the the harmony one remote and cannt seem to get it to work with my TV, Panasonic TH42PV500B properly

The TV is available in the database, and all the inputs listed are correct, but I cannt get it to choose the right AV channel...
I have a Nad Av processor connected on AV1 with DVD and SKy+ connected to it, and Apple tv connected to the HDMI input.

All works really well in the activities menu, power on, off, correct devices set, correct volume selected adjustments selected etc, The only problem is the TV wont choose the correct input??

I have edited the TV settings in the devices menu and tried all 4 different methods for AV selection with no luck as none of these describe how the menu structure of my TV work, Even the the individual buttons in the device dont seemt to work.

I need to use the red, green, yellow and blue butons to navigate 2 pages of menus with multiple options on each one.

Its driving me crazy!!

has anybody had a similar problem that they have overcome...... if so please tell me how.

Hi,

I had to setup my uncles panasonic plasma with a harmony remote.

The problems with the panasonic input method is that they dont directly go to the required input you, it has to scroll down the input list every time you push the button, ie AV1, AV2, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, COMPONENT etc.

I called harmony and spoke to their tech guys they then updated a configuration on my account, which I assume you also have, which kind of worked.

The problem is that you will still have to wait for the tv to scroll down the list, it is annoying but I dont think theres much you can do.

So in my uncles set up when he wants to watch a Bluray on PS3 he presses one button on the remote, but still has to wait for the TV to scroll down the input list til its gets to HDMI 2.

He has learnt to live with it now.

Panasonic input selection is a nightmare :)

Give tech support a call, they can sort it for you.

It took them two hours on the phone to me (them phoning me, from Canada) to sort it out. Fair play to them, the guy wouldn't give up, he kept plugging away until it was sorted. I don't know how much profit they made on my £40 555, but I'm betting it's nothing like what it cost for 2 hours of the tech guys time and a 2 hour phone call from Canada :)

First class customer service.

Yeah I second that,

Their support is excellent, and like wise with me they called me back from the states and we on the phone for a good hour or so, they did eventually get it working, so I'd also give them a ring.

Many Thanks,

Ill badger customer services some more, they initailly copied somebody elses settings onto my account, but that didnt seem to help.

Good to hear its not just me, Ill persevere and let you know how I get on.

thanks for the replies.
:smashin:

Even the the individual buttons in the device don't seem to work.
I need to use the red, green, yellow and blue butons to navigate 2 pages of menus with multiple options on each one.
Could you clear these up a little more?
Does the first mean that in the dropdown list of the TV's available commands there are several Input commands, you have tested each of them from Devices, and none of them sets its appropriate input?
How does the second come into this? Is it part of the input problem, or is it something else that we may be able to help with?

Thanks very much to all
Its all sorted now thanks an IT Mountie (Canadian guy) from Logitech customer services who fixed my settings, now it just skips through the menu as if speedy gonzales had the old remote..the only drawback is it is effectively working blind and sometimes it gets out of sync, but I guess I just need to make sure to hold the remote still.

I have got to say though the "harmony one" is a seriously cool gadget... and seems to have been very well thaught through to just do what you want. Its a bit like the difference between Macs and PCs....:devil:

I have an 885 which I bought a few years ago for use with a Panasonic AE900 PJ and home Theater. It was very hit and miss selecting inputs. More often a miss than a hit.

For certain reasons, the 885, Home Cinema and PJ were mothballed for the last 18 months. Finallly moved to the new house and while a PJ home cinema wont be in action for another few months till renovations are completed, I did set up the gear in another room in the interim except with our Panny TH42PV70 instead.

I was expecting the same hassles with panny input selection after I dusted off the 885. Wiped the settings clean and started from scratch. I was amazed that the input selection on the TV worked straight away and has not landed on the wrong input once since I set it up about 4 weeks ago. Logitech must have incorporated the fixes or work arounds into the online database settings for this TV.

Hi, this is slightly off topic but I purchased a Harmony 555 yesterday. Have got all the functions working when my Panasonic TH-37PX80 is on (inputs are selected from the LCD screen) but when the TV is in standby the remote can’t seem to turn it on using either the “Power Toggle” function of the “Power on” function. The thing powers down to standby fine. When you use the OEM remote you do have to hold the button down for about 1 second from stand-by. Any ideas chaps? :lease:

Orange&Blue, I have exactly the same tv but the Harmony One. All works fine for me but I'm not quite sure what you mean by power toggle. Are you saying that the TV does not come on as part of an activity? Or are you trying to power it by using "devices"?

When you use the OEM remote you do have to hold the button down for about 1 second from stand-by.
E-mail Logitech support with the details and they'll include the 1 second "duration" in your power-on command.

When you use the OEM remote you do have to hold the button down for about 1 second from stand-by.
E-mail Logitech support with the details and they'll include the 1 second "duration" in your power-on command.
Of course, you do need to do all the powering within Activities, and only at the end of a session use the remote's power-off button.

Of course, you do need to do all the powering within Activities, and only at the end of a session use the remote's power-off button.

Brilliant, thanks very much. E-mail is on its way :thumbsup:

Cheers.

You'd think after all this time, they'd include the "duration" command in the standard software by now, at the very least whenever someone adds a Panny to their setup:rolleyes:

I can only express full agreement.:D To make matters worse the feature USED to be available but they withdrew it.

I confess to being confused. I have a Panasonic TH-37PX80B and the Harmony One and everything has worked "straight out of the box" - power on, input selection etc. Am I just lucky?

Lucky that you selected a Panny that doesn't present the problem - some do, some don't.

Interesting - we'll have to wait and see whether he needed the duration or not.

OK, yet it's the same 'telly as post #9.

Same telly but different remote (Harmony 555) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Harmony CS put the extended signal on my account and everything is working great now and I've now put my collection of OEM remotes away :smashin:

Orang&Blue. Glad to hear you are sorted - enjoy. Interesting comment about the remote. Could it be an issue with the 555 but not the One? What do you think HH?

I haven't come across any problem that appears differently on different models so I suspect you were right - it IS a matter of luck.:D

Harmony 555 /Panasonic TX-32DK1 power issue.

I had the issue of my Panasonic TV not powering on from stand-by and had the issue fixed by logitech who tweaked the delays in the software.:)

Now, when I hit the stand-by button on the Harmony to put everything to sleep, everything powers off. Then the TV powers on again to display a grey noise screen (since there is no AV input).:confused:

Anyone else had this issue?

There should have been an option for you to set a "duration" for the Power-On command, and that is what support should have added, not a delay.
If the Power-Off command is the same as the Power-On, complete with the duration, that might account for the effect of a double press.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom