Guide to getting Pronto Hex Codes into Your Harmony Remote

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After some digging around at remotecentral I've come up with this guide and compiled the files to get pronto hex codes onto Harmony remotes. Note you don't have to have your remote plugged in to add these to your account.
It has been tested on a Harmony One & 900

Enjoy :thumbsup:

1. Download this zip file and extract the files to any folder (link updated 23/11/14): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7593163/Hex to Harmony Rev2.zip
  2. Using Firefox or Chrome (I've not tested other browsers) - go to Routine System Maintenance
  3. Click the "Next" button and login using your Harmony Remote account details
  4. Click "More Options" then "More Options" again for the device you wish to add a command to.
  5. Click "Learn Infrared Commands"
  6. In the Learn New Command Box at the bottom of the page, enter a desired command name (Do not include any spaces in the name) then click New Command
  7. You'll be prompted to download & run a file called "LearnIr.EZTut". Don't run this but instead save it to the same folder where you unzipped the files from step 1.
  8. Keep the firefox window open.
  9. Run the file called "cmd.bat" (double-click it)
  10. Wait a few seconds until you can choose wether to [L]earn new commands or to input Pronto [H]ex codes.
  11. Type "H" then paste the hex code. (right mouse key>paste)
  12. When it sucessfully reads the code you'll be prompted with choices including pload the code, type "U".
    [*]The webpage should now change back to the learn page showing your new command at the bottom.
    [*]In the command window, type "Q" to quit.

Last edited:
The principle was new to me when you first reported it, and it's very surprising.
I think I'd stick to simply to asking Logitech support to add the command though. ;)

Thanks very much for putting this guide together. Im sure it will be useful for plenty of people.

I hope so. It's quite easy once you've run it the 1st time and only takes a minute or so which may IMO is preferable to waiting days for Logitech to add them :smashin:

Thanks very much for putting this guide together. Im sure it will be useful for plenty of people.

+1

Thanks for taking the time to sort this out Stuart - I had a look at Concordance a while back but couldn't get a version to work properly on my PC :smashin:

Jim

Do you do 7 and 9 each time you use the procedure?

Thanks, and I get your point about Logitech taking a lot longer to do it.
It's perverse of them to have the procedure, but to provide it only on that remote and obscure corner of the web site and to make it so elaborate, rather than making it a simple one-line entry in the standard setup procedure.

Do you really need to though - i.e. does it really change each time ? - and can't the batch file have the necessary Concordance command added to it as well ?

Jim

Do you really need to though - i.e. does it really change each time ? - and can't the batch file have the necessary Concordance command added to it as well ?

Jim

From what I can tell the command name is included in the file and that will change each time.

I expect the command can be added to the batch file but I don't know how. I got as far as setting the path to the folder it's run from but couldn't work out how to do the next bit :confused: Any advice would be gladly received :)

From what I can tell the command name is included in the file and that will change each time.

I expect the command can be added to the batch file but I don't know how. I got as far as setting the path to the folder it's run from but couldn't work out how to do the next bit :confused: Any advice would be gladly received :)

Thanks Stuart - that could make sense - I'll have a look at it over the next few days and let you know if I discover anything and post back here :)

Jim

Simplified the batch process (step 9) & updated zip file & instructions :thumbsup:

Thanks to Apsilon :smashin:

If I want to make it several times, I guess I only need to start from [6], so no exiting CMD

Mmmmh the new batch it is not working now. After pressing Q to Quit from CMD, the Logitech page keeps showing the "Please wait, communicating with the remote..." and does not return to Command page

Mmmmh the new batch it is not working now. After pressing Q to Quit from CMD, the Logitech page keeps showing the "Please wait, communicating with the remote..." and does not return to Command page

I just tried it and it worked ok, in fact it uploaded automatically after pasting the hex code.

All I can suggest is to try again but wait a little while before typing Q to quit the cmd window after pasting/uploading the hex file.

Thanks Stuart,

I managed to use this process to add the necessary commands required to set multi region DVD on my Panasonic BDT110.

Thanks Stuart,

I managed to use this process to add the necessary commands required to set multi region DVD on my Panasonic BDT110.

Excellent. Glad to hear it helped :smashin:

Something to note is that the command name must not have any spaces in it. I was tearing my hair out last night wondering why I couldn't upload the codes until I discovered that and tried without the spaces :facepalm:

Doesnt work for me.. tried it on win 7 and vista. The system does nothing after enter the code (with spaces removed).

Can i ask those who managed to have it working.. which OS are you using?

Thanks

To get Pronto hex codes into a Harmony e-mail them to Logitech support.

rm07 said:
Doesnt work for me.. tried it on win 7 and vista. The system does nothing after enter the code (with spaces removed).

Can i ask those who managed to have it working.. which OS are you using?

Thanks

Worked fine for me on win 7 64bit

Since Megaupload is down, where can I find the file?

I'm trying to use on a Harmony 700.

TIA,

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom