Thomson TopUp TV Code?

fothsn

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi just received my new TV a PS50Q97HDX Samsung plasma however I am unable to programme the remote to control the new Thomson TopUP Tv box :( according to the manual I need a 3 code number but the ones I got given are 4 numbers? Does anybody know the code to programme my Samsung remote to work with this box?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

From your post it sounds like you're trying to get the Samsung TV remote to operate the TopupTV box which can't be done (to my knowledge). The list of TV codes supplied with the Thomson TopupTV box are meant for the TopupTV remote and will let you control certain TV functions (volume, mute etc ...) with the TopupTV remote, not the other way around.

Yep; the Thomson remote can control other devices - and a PVR typically needs a lot more keys than a TV, so you'll be best off setting up the PVR's remote to work the TV. Details for how to do that should be in the PVR box, with a fold out sheet of codes.

If you can't find them I'm sure I have a set lying round here. My flat's awash with PVRs right now.

Ah okay :( I’ve got the Thomson remote to control the Samsung tele so that’s the next best thing I suppose :) Shame it can’t be done the other way round!

A limited number of things might be possible - it depends if the TV remote has VCR buttons on it - but it probably won't have everything, for example keys like Live TV, Back, Library and so on.

And unless there's a Thomson 6300 on the list, you're going to be out of luck, I think.

Ah okay :( I’ve got the Thomson remote to control the Samsung tele so that’s the next best thing I suppose :) Shame it can’t be done the other way round!

You could always invest in an all-in-one remote. I've bought one recently (Harmony 555) and mapped every single remote control function onto it from my Topfield 5800, Thomson 6300 TopupTV box, xBox360, Sony Bravia LCD TV, Samsung DVD player (and even the air conditioner!). If you don't want to muck about with multiple remotes, an all-in-one could make sense.

Hi I know this is a few years after the thread was started but was wondering if anyone especially those who provided codes before were able to post the codes for finlux. We've just moved & managed to loose the sheet with the codes on I've been on the top up site but can only find the user manual.

Thanks
Tony

hi everyone iv been searching high and low for the codes for my bush tv if any1 has i would be very gratefull thanks

Gavin

sorry the model no is BUSH LT22M1CWA thats for thomson 160gb freeview any1 that can help please

hi everyone iv been searching high and low for the codes for my bush tv if any1 has i would be very gratefull thanks

Gavin

Hi Gavin

The codes for bush are.

1067 0644 0690 0744 0067 0698 0248 0193 0379 0039
0066 0401 0265 0312 0385 0404 0294 0391 0517 0238
0247 1586 0647 0611 0586 1930 1934 1938 0808 1698
1289 2012 1278 1273 0617 124

Hope one of them work
Tony

nope no good thanks anyway :( dont no what the last one is tho

thanks

The latest video from AVForums