XCM Cross Battle Adapter (use a wired 360 controller on a PS3)

Hi

I just want to ask..
Has anybody bought this battle adapter
Does it work all the time?

Where is the place or website you bought it from

And also

You know in call of duty 4 for the ps3, the control pad makes the right triggeer throw a grenade and on the 360 controller it makes the right trigger shoot.

So i if i were to plug this in a ps3 and use my xbox 360 controller... would the right trigger throw a grenade or would it be the shoot button

IS there a way of changin it

Thanks

Please reply

I do so wish people would stop quoting 'Eddy', he's been on my ignore list for ages but I still have to read his drivel when people quote him:D

He flamed me once but I still like reading his posts. Console fanboy stuff is the funniest thing on the net :rotfl:

RDB :thumbsup:

I have decided to cancel this now. I will be using it with Killzone 2 and as that has elements which require the sixaxis controls then there doesnt seem much point in getting this :(

Looks like Im gonna have to get used to the PS3 pad instead.

I have decided to cancel this now. I will be using it with Killzone 2 and as that has elements which require the sixaxis controls then there doesnt seem much point in getting this :(

Looks like Im gonna have to get used to the PS3 pad instead.
The Saitek PS2700 Rumble Pad, posted previously, might be a good alternative to the official controller.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/8634292-post26.html

I've had a Cross Battle, for about a week and it's worked with all the games I've tried. Overall I suppose I'm reasonably pleased with it, but paying nearly £50 was a bit steep IMO.

It's worked best with Resistance 2. As the game play is fairly fast paced, I found it awkward using a DS3. Plugging in a 360 pad and remapping the controls to mirror my COD 4 lay out was great. The first 3 DM's played I managed a 4th place, 2nd and a win.:smashin:

It does occasionally go a little haywire though. So far, roughly half dozen times I guess, the onscreen character has either locked into a continual right strafe, or he looks straight up spinning in circles. Unplugging from the console and pushing it back in seems to reset it, and can carry on without having to exit the game, but it's annoying when it happens.

If you're tempted to buy this for the supposed "Turbo" function, well just don't, it's a joke! That's when it decides to work of course:thumbsdow. If you're looking to turn your pistol in to a P90, forget it, anyone who plays FPS will be able to fire quicker than this little box

I'd say if you're really struggling with the DS3, you're prepared to spend £50, and can put up with the occasional anomaly whilst playing, then it maybe worth a punt. But don't forget you've no six axis control and no vibration compatibility.. Oh, and the Guide button constantly flashing really gets on my tits after a while too:D

I'd say if you're really struggling with the DS3, you're prepared to spend £50, and can put up with the occasional anomaly whilst playing, then it maybe worth a punt. But don't forget you've no six axis control and no vibration compatibility.. Oh, and the Guide button constantly flashing really gets on my tits after a while too:D

I really dont like the DS3, but I am prepared to put up with it until there is an alternative.

I would have got the XCM as it seems very good and reviews are positive. It was going to cost me £40 from renchi before I cancelled but that was still steep for what it is, and the lack of any sixaxis functionality would render some parts of Killzone 2 impossible without it.

In the meantime I have bought some giotek realtriggers and thumbstick caps so I will see how I get on with those instead :smashin:

ps360 controller

:smashin:

He will build to sell to by all accounts but I prefer the DS3 :D

That is awsome and I would love one, but some of the posts he has below suggest that he would charge $400 for one :eek: :censored:!!!!!???

He says it is the cost of both controllers and the time and effort to build it all but I still cant work out how it comes to nearly £160??

That is awsome and I would love one, but some of the posts he has below suggest that he would charge $400 for one :eek: :censored:!!!!!???

He says it is the cost of both controllers and the time and effort to build it all but I still cant work out how it comes to nearly £160??

I'd love one of those too. But £160 is a lotta love to give....:(

I found the instructions for making one here. Looks fiddly though, but definitely doable. Well, maybe...:confused:

In the meantime I have bought some giotek realtriggers and thumbstick caps so I will see how I get on with those instead :smashin:

Good move with the triggers and caps4stix - it's a whole WORLD of difference. Bung a silicone skin on it as well (it's amazing how much 'beefier' a skin makes it feels) and the Dualshock 3 is all of a sudden halfway acceptable. Kind of.

As i said in the 360 forum:

Tried the caps4stix. They slide off the sticks whenever you actually play anything that requires any pace to the movement.

And that was just towards the end of Uncharted. Real triggers much improved though.

As i said in the 360 forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratinho
Tried the caps4stix. They slide off the sticks whenever you actually play anything that requires any pace to the movement.

And that was just towards the end of Uncharted. Real triggers much improved though.

Wow, I can't easily pull them off my 360 pad or my DS3 deliberately. They wrap over and under the thumbstick head and are very securely fixed on my pads.
Silly question, but are you sure they were 100% on in the first place? Maybe you had a defective moudling or something, or an older version? I've just tried pulling both sets of sticks all over the place, and given them much heavier abuse than they'd get during normal gaming and they still won't shift!

Weird.

My caps 4 stix are fine also. I did have to almost turn them inside out to make sure tht they went all the way around the top of the thumbstick though.

I'd love one of those too. But £160 is a lotta love to give....:(

I found the instructions for making one here. Looks fiddly though, but definitely doable. Well, maybe...:confused:

Well, Im no good with that sort of thing - too impatient with fiddly bits - so my mate is gonna have a go for me as he loves stuff like that. I will post pics if and when he gets it done but it probably wont be for a couple of weeks yet.

Anyone got this XCM Cross Battle Adapte yet and tested it ?? am ordering one today i hope.

Anyone got this XCM Cross Battle Adapte yet and tested it ?? am ordering one today i hope.

The only problem is that you will be stuck when it cones to the sixaxis bits, thats the reason that I decided not to get one.

Its for killzone 2 i don't care :thumbsup:

Op's lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom